RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More Versyses (is that the correct plural of a Versys?) than I've ever seen in one spot.
Outside Joo Hooi Coffee Shop (famous for their Chendol dessert) on Penang Road in George Town.

IMG_0676.JPG

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Love the tool box drawer liner used as a seat cover. That is one way to keep from sliding around on the seat.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Looks like you've found your next ride! No more excuses. No more Honda Cubs.

I declare "Versyses" the official plural of Versys. Unless you are in Italy, then it is Versyii. That's in the lowlands. In the mountains, it's Versuviuses. France? Versailles.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I love the cup holder

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the cup holder and the seat cover are nice touches. I've seen this particular Versys several times now. It must belong to someone who works in the area.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like you've found your next ride! No more excuses. No more Honda Cubs.

I declare "Versyses" the official plural of Versys. Unless you are in Italy, then it is Versyii. That's in the lowlands. In the mountains, it's Versuviuses. France? Versailles.
Sounds like you know your languages well :)

An important consideration for me when purchasing a bike is price.

A new (2013) Kawasaki Versys is 36,368 ringgit. At the current exchange rate of 3.3 ringgit to 1 USD, this works out to be a whopping $11,102 for a Versys 650. That's a huge premium over what would be paid for a Versys 650 in the US. Assuming one can purchase a 2013 Versys 650 for $7,000 in the US, that would be close to paying a 60 percent premium (11,102/7,000).

The Honda Cub is beginning to look very good to me...
A new Honda Cub 110cc (EX5 Dream, they call them here) is 3738 ringgit which works out to be $1,333.
Comes with a 2 year warranty or 20K kilometres (10hp, 4 speed, and kickstarter!) :wink:

Is a Versys 650 worth 10 times the Honda Cub?

http://www.tbsmotor.com.my/

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rick, I thought I'd have more time on the west coast too
But my travelling companion's schedule said otherwise :)

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Love the TSB website. Look at all the neat stuff they have over there! And three floors of it. I was about to suggest the used Versys 1000 with the travel cases, but they want over $21000 US for it! That makes it Versy-expensivys-es (that's the plural for "it costs too much over there").

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love the TSB website. Look at all the neat stuff they have over there! And three floors of it. I was about to suggest the used Versys 1000 with the travel cases, but they want over $21000 US for it! That makes it Versy-expensivys-es (that's the plural for "it costs too much over there").
Yeeaah...21K USD is a lot more than I'd want to spend on a bike (it does say it negotiable, though) :laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts