RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went to the CART race today (my pit pass from crewing for the Craftsman Truck race was good for all weekend and since I had a couple of buddies on CART teams, I bounced around pit road from pit to pit). I finally met the girl of my dreams.

Yes, today, I met Ashley Judd. Deep breath. Haaaaaa.....

Too bad she's married to Dario Franchitti (a pretty ugly race car driver for Team Kool Green with a uni-brow, although he's a really nice guy). That *******!

You know, you'd think she'd get it through her head by now that she's mine. I mean, it's pretty plain to me, why can't she see that?

Oh well. She's a really sweet girl in person. Oh well. She's a really sweet girl in person. I chatted with her for a few minutes as we walked to the hospitality area (all the hospitality tents are in one area). She was (obivously) going to the Team Kool Green one, and I was going to the Newman/Haas tent to see an old friend who does hospitality for them. She used to bartend at Siebkens (the bar in Elkhart Lake (Road America)). Hadn't seen her in almost a year. B.S.'d with her for a while and grubbed on free food and beer before returning to watch the end of the race.

But Ashley. Oh Ashley. Someday..........

Emrah

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Ohh Ashley.....Ohhh Emrah....{add some obnoxious noise here} --- forget about it dude....wake up....slap, slap across Emrah's face...and reality strikes home...too bad buddy...Tom. (To good to be true, buddy, may I suggest you stay off pit road? Hmmm?
But hey, send me the pit pass, maybe I can do something with it, HA :rolleyes:

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, pit pass is going to my buddy back home (originally) in Delaware. I swallowed my pride and actually asked a bunch of... ugh...gag... drivers for their autographs (as a mechanic working around these guys - guys just like you and me and no better than you and me - and seeing people hero-worship them, you kind of get jaded). My buddy collects stuff like that (mostly NASCAR) so I'm sending him the pass.

I only got a few. Got Sprague's yesterday (Sat) and today I got Scott Pruett's (he was a pit-commentator for ESPN today) and get this - Ron Capps! He's the Funny-Car racer for those who don't know. He was just strolling along pit lane as he walked by me.

Seriously though, most drivers are pretty cool and very down-to-earth and realize how lucky they are to be in the situation and lifestyle they're in (read $$$$), but you kind of get tired of watching people (fans) go ga-ga over them and live their lives vicariously through the accomplishments of others. I hope I don't offend, but that's just how I feel.

I'll keep rubbing elbows with these guys, so if I ever do meet Mark Martin (actually, I DID meet him at Kansas Speedway several months ago, but didn't know you were a Martin fan back then), I'll try and swallow my pride again and get his signature for you. ;-)

Emrah

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ashley Judd used to bartend at Siebkins? J/K I met Peter Egan there last year, nice guy. Siebkins is a nice place, may stay there instead of camping for AMA races this year. But Ashley Judd, geez, I'm jealous;)

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Thanks Emrah, if you do get Martin's authograph you'll find that he's alot different than guys like Gordon, Rusty Wallace, and that sorry *** whining Tony Stewart. But I sure can understand how you feel about some of the "adoring" fans, they can get sickening. Especially back when Earnhardt Sr. was still alive and winning. Tom

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greg1040,

Ha ha! No, my friend Laura "Coop" used to bartend there. As well as "Junior". She lives in Indy now, but you might have seen her if you were there. EVERYBODY in the racing world "knows" Junior ;-)

Siebkens is the greatest place on earth. When I was with Skip Barber last summer (a year ago), we stayed there a total of just over 2 months. LOVE that place. We stayed at the resort itself, which was hellacious in the mornings after drinkin "Siebkens Rootbeers" (Jagremeister for the uninitiated) till bar time (closing time), then continuing the party till dawn right on Elkhart Lake. Man, a liver can only take so much!

Didn't meet Peter Egan, but I do have pics of me (actually the whole crew does) with David Hobbs passed out in a full suit and tie slumped over in his bar stool. He was OUT. We all came over and took pictures with him, made funny faces, etc. He was oblivious to the world. That situation is not uncommon for Old Man Hobbs. (For those who don't know, he's the really old guy that commentates Formula One races on Speedvision). Lap 3? Is it Martini time yet?

Emrah

1 - 6 of 6 Posts