RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went today (because an ex-client managed to scam me some tickets) ... Ok I'll come clean, it was BMW Oz. Nice bikes.

Anyway, I reckon the best part was the two RAAF Hornets (FA18 ??) that did some fly-overs. These things are mind-blowingly awesome.

The cars were OK.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I thought Ralph Schumaker did a nice impression of an F/A-18 himself in the first turn. What the hell was he thinking? For those who didn't see it, he got pretty airborne and took out about half the field with him. Only 6 or 7 cars finished the race, and of course his brother, Michael, dusted the field with his 2001 Ferrari. Other than the first corner and a little drama with Montoya, though, pretty much a sleeper race.

kelly

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
I love watching the F1 GP on tellie, but no way I would pay big bucks to watch 8 cars for 2hours. Not to mention queuing up for 2hours just to get into the circuit.

Now we have a round of the WSB Championship coming up at Phillip Island in a few weekends time. That is a 90 minute ride away, always cold, often rainy, but always worth it just for the madass sprint down by the thousands of bikes :D

Oh and seeing 20 or so top notch guys going for it lap after lap on one of the fastest circuits in the world isn't bad either.

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts