RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 months ago I purchased a 2006 650r off of CL for $1000. It was running and could be ridden at the time of purchase, which was a huge plus in my book. The bike was still rough though, and needed a bit of attention. The previous owner had attempted to turn it into a naked bike but really had the wiring all messed up. There is also a dent in the tank and a scuff on the tail plastic, which I still haven't addressed and I'm not sure if I will. Any way here she is.

20170324_163547_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20170324_163622_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20170324_163640_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Sorry for the wind but this video gives a good look at the turn signal/running light mod I did.

Mod list:

- ER6N radiator covers with custom brackets
- ER6N belly pan and belly pan brackets
- ER6N/09-11 650 front turn signals
- Modified the oem front turn signal connectors to be able to run an 1157 bulb so I can have running lights and turn signals. Used switchback leds from superbrightleds.com
- EMGO Kawasaki 7" headlight bucket
- JW Speaker LED Projector headlight
- OEM tail light with a smoked lens fitted to it. Running a Sylvania ZEVO LED 1157 bulb in red
- BikeMaster bar end mirrors
- BikeMaster Rear turn signals with leds from superbrightleds.com
- CORE Moto SS brake lines front and back
- Relocated the coolant overflow to under the sub-frame

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow! I had a 2006 650 of that color. Sold it in 2008 to a guy who immediately tried to turn it into a naked bike (there wasnt a scratch on the thing). He messed it up horribly and it looked like garbage.

This thing is pretty! Nicely done.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
That color combination looks real good as a ER6N hybrid. Congrats. You for a great bike for little invested.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Gallupdm, the bike has been a blast to ride.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man really missing this bike. She was one of my best builds that I have done to date.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used your build as inspiration for my own build on an ‘06. My only issue is that I want to do the radiator shrouds too as I love the look but I can’t find any online. Would you happen to have any pictures of the custom brackets you made to mount them?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Maybe having a look at er6n parts diagrams. The custom ones would be similar

1 - 9 of 9 Posts