RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought my ZR into the shop for another oil change. Apparently one of the head mechanics at the shop also turns out to be my neighbor a few houses down. Anyway, Now for service I just have to drive to his house and he has a lift and all the stuff there. He's certified up the yin yang. And he only charges $15 an hour for labor as long as I bring the oil, parts etc. The only thing I'm worried about is him screwing up my bike and then he says he's not responsible. But is it really worth the extra $45 an hour to get it done at the shop plus the overhead on parts?

·
MotoMacGyver
2,545 Posts
As a mechanic (not a motorcycle mech though), any time I see someone with intimate knowledge or experience working on something that is new to me, I'll immediately find a way to sashay up to him and (non-intrusively as possible) watch and learn.

All this stuff isn't so hard, if you've done it a few times. My bet would be to utilize him for the first few times, learn how to do it, then do it yourself from then on. Certainly the "easy" stuff like oil changes, chain tightening, brake pads, etc.

Of course, if you don't have the tools, you certainly can't beat $15 per hour!

Emrah

1 - 2 of 2 Posts