RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those yoshimura fender eliminators are sure expensive.. does anyone have an accurate measurement of the base plate where the fender meets the tail and the measurements of the holes... I know some CAD maybe I can come up with something a little less expensive.

·
Registered
473 Posts
While you are designing your own bracket, make one that has about an 8-10 inch arm that positions the license plat bracket below and behind the tail light so it can act as a mud guard.

·
Registered
8,693 Posts
PLEASE leave a spot for a reflector. I know its ugly, but we get pulled over here for not having one. They will scold you if you use the reflector bolts. They are looking for the original, dot approved reflector and its begging for trouble to not run one.

·
Registered
302 Posts
PLEASE leave a spot for a reflector. I know its ugly, but we get pulled over here for not having one. They will scold you if you use the reflector bolts. They are looking for the original, dot approved reflector and its begging for trouble to not run one.
Odd how some cities and states look for different items to pick on. Here in Indiana I'm sure they could care less about reflectors. I just removed my front amber reflectors on the front fender legs and replaced tem with stainless screws to clean up the front a little.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Those yoshimura fender eliminators are sure expensive.. does anyone have an accurate measurement of the base plate where the fender meets the tail and the measurements of the holes... I know some CAD maybe I can come up with something a little less expensive.
Measured my Yoshimura FE for you. The base plate measures 5cm wide and 8cm long (front to back on the bike). These are exact measurements. I would love to help you design something, but my needs might be very different from yours. I am also pondering making a simple FE out of aluminum, that positions the license plate behind the tail light, effectively acting as a small fender to block all the crap that shoots up from the rear tire and covers our passenger seat with goop, and fills my rider seat with sand and gravel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks cool daddy groove! Appreciate the info! Yeah i was also thinking bout adding a small fender.. Depends how it will look ill share some images as soon as i get it out on cad drawing. Again thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Speaking of fenders, I came across this a while ago. I know many will find this to be garish, but personally I think it would add a lot of utility. Anyone see anything like this before?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,693 Posts
Odd how some cities and states look for different items to pick on. Here in Indiana I'm sure they could care less about reflectors. I just removed my front amber reflectors on the front fender legs and replaced tem with stainless screws to clean up the front a little.

Pull that nonsense here, sir, and you better get used to prison bars!

Honest, without the full reflector set, I cant get through a state inspection. Luckily, Ducati, monster series, has a very cool license plate holder that covers for the back three reflectors.

Its like this one, if anyone is in need.

Ducat Monster 696 796 1100 Rear LICENCE Plate Holder and Cat Eye Reflectors | eBay

·
Registered
473 Posts
Speaking of fenders, I came across this a while ago. I know many will find this to be garish, but personally I think it would add a lot of utility. Anyone see anything like this before?
It certainly is garish, but it appears to be functional from a fling Management perspective

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks cool daddy groove! Appreciate the info! Yeah i was also thinking bout adding a small fender.. Depends how it will look ill share some images as soon as i get it out on cad drawing. Again thanks
Here is my 3 year old's rendering of basic measurements that would work.
  • Using a fairly thick piece of aluminum means you wouldn't need much for additional support for rigidity.
  • Being that it is essentially one flat piece, I think you woudl need some kind fo pattern cut into the exposed part to break it up.
  • I don't run trun signals on mine, so I haven't designed any mounting points for the stock ones. I use in antegrated tail light for my turn signals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts