RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
It's all fun and jokes. But, personally, I'd love to get an 8 ft diameter thick steel plate, mount it to a tank turret gearing and sink that puppy flush in my workshop floor. That would be sweet.

·
Registered
703 Posts
You need to MOVE, dude!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I am moving my mom passed last summer and my Father just can't deal with the house anymore so he is giving it to me. Nice flat blacktop driveway so our house is going on the block next month as soon as I sell this place I will be mortgage free. And no more dealing with this concrete wall. Woo Hoo I see a new bike in my future however I will always be here the streak will never leave.

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Question. Is $7000 a good price for one of these? It is all stock. New grips and windshield. No bags. Never been dropped. lady driven. original owner. 4660 miles. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Question. Is $7000 a good price for one of these? It is all stock. New grips and windshield. No bags. Never been dropped. lady driven. original owner. 4660 miles. Thoughts?
Not sure about prices in Canada but in Alabama that sounds about right. I'd expect $6000-$7500 for a clean, low miles 2007 V2K. Chances are you will need a new rear tire and oil change at the least. Maybe get them to come off $300 for a rear tire and oil plus whatever you want for bags. Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Is it loaded? Here is a comparable loaded model in my area. 2008 KAWASAKI VULCAN 2000 CLASSIC LT base bikes usually bring hi 5s to low 6s..loaded models bring about 500-800 more. There are several for sell in most areas...I would think there would be a little bartering room. If not..you're still not over paying...it's what I have seen the dealers in my area asking for them.

·
Registered
635 Posts
That looks like a very nice bike with low kilometers and I don't think the price is bad on it at $7000. If you really like it buy it because it will sell soon.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Every sellers needs are different but the market price is usually pretty similar. I got my super clean and loaded '08 V2K last summer for $6950. He was asking $7000. He had got it on a trade with a car and was wanting to move it quick. I had to drive a little over 3 hours to go see it. Then I paid him $50 to deliver it. It had 16k miles. He delivered to Paul's shop. Similar bikes within an hour of me had asking prices of $7500-$8000. I had more time than money so it worked out.

Compare it with other V2Ks within a 3-4 hour radius of you. You may not have time to see those other bikes but the sellers don't know it.

$8500 is a little high. But if you get it for $7000 then enjoy the knowledge that you got a good deal.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm lost on the busted part but the Conmar line is freaking hilarious!
Well your bike looks very much like Batmans doesn't it.. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Mine is identical in color however mine is the Classic tl whatever that means it came with bags windshield rear floorboards mine is an 06 it had 9500 miles on it I got it for 6 grand even. It had brand new Dunlops on it and the owner was a 60 year old Toyota mech the bike was in pristine condition and bone stock. One bit of advice do not put Dunlops on it if you get it they don't last and the stock seat is like sitting on a brick. One thing about the V2K when you crank on it you will smile. To me it's like a runaway Freight Train on the Highway.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts