RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see if anyone has done this before? I decided to buy the autotune kit, like the idea of being able to pick the AFR and go.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Let me know, i'm doing it next year

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finished up the installation today. Probably took about 3 hours start to finish.

My only complaint is that the weld-on bungs they provide are super cheap, and don't tig worth a crap. I reverted to migging them, and it all worked out.

Weather was kind of lousy, but took a short ride around town afterward, and everything seems to be working well. I noticed a better idle after this trip, looking forward to see how much better it gets. I currently set the desired AFR to 13.5, although I'm contemplating some sort of a highway tune with a switch, to see how good I can do on fuel mileage.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Very cool. I already have the PC5, but i'm tired of tuning. My buddy talked me into sucking it up and getting the other kit, so i'm working on that. Glad to hear it seems to work the way it's supposed to. Keep me posted!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When mounting the O2 bungs into the exhaust, I ended up with different spacing in relation to the port on the front and rear cylinder. I would say try and target 3 to 4 inches away from the port. My rear cylinder is closer to an inch, and the readings seems to be much more erratic. Front cylinder is in the 3-4 inch range and the readings are much more linear. I'm thinking I'll probably cut the rear and patch it, then relocate a couple inches down the pipe.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Huh, i need to look at my exhaust and see how feasible it's going to be then before i order. I'd like this to be a permanent fix not another trial and error. Thanks Dan, lmk how it works out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts