RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new to this forum but a long time rider. I have an 08 Meanstreak 1600 LE, that I have been riding more and more. I am looking for some suggestions on what we’re some of the easier or cheaper mods some of you have done to increase the performance? I like to ride hard, but I feel as though my clutch could use an upgrade, or something, it just does not seem like it is handling hard shifts, or as fluent as they should be.
I was also thinking of adding a power commander, but don’t really know where to start…any suggestions?.?
I also thought adding an air intake to the bike would be a nice easy addition, for little more power, and ALSO help it breath a little more..thanks for any input.

·
Gold Member
580 Posts
I agree about Amsoil. My Valkyrie is notorious for tractor-like shifting and transmission whine due to the straight cut gears. Amsoil quieted it down and made the shifts much less clunky. Amsoil 10w40 Metric

As for upgrades, the Meanie was considered to be more restricted on the intake side, rather than the exhaust. Many of the intake kits ditched the crossover tube from between the cylinders and added a high volume air filter assembly on the right side. I had a Baron kit on mine like this one (different cover styles are available). Baron BAK

Pipes are a personal choice. The stockers probably flow enough, but if you want your bike to be louder, there are still options out there. Some exhaust options

That I know of, nobody does mail-in "flashes" for the Meanie. Best bet would be to add a Power Commander yourself or have it done by an authorized Dynojet shop that can tune your bike to the mods you have. You can download files from the PC website, but while they may get close to your setup, they weren't developed for your bike specifically.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts