RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, to everyone.
I'm having some problems with my bike mean streak 1500.
I bought this bike and it is modified. it is not a good modification. It has bean removed body throttle (replaced by carburetor), air filters and some other stuff... I have to buy a bunch of things to fix it...
Now the bike consumption is 2.6galons in 62miles :silly: . I would like to fix it and make it as it was original. I already have parts (on e-bay) that will be shipped to me..

The problem is I dont know if I have MAP sensors still on the bike. Could anyone be so kind and please tell me were I should look for them. And where I have to install them. I assume that I need two of them, one it has to be attached to body throtle, for the other one, I have no idea.

Thx for your help

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
The ECU is still there so I have it. Yes my attention is to bring it back to stock configuration.
I think that I need this MAP. Don't I?

imgres.jpg

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Thats a pressure sensor of some type. There are many components in the DFI System. There's no easy way to determine what you are missing. You would need a manual to see what is required or hopefully find a totalled bike and do a side by side comparison.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I can only wish that :)..

Doesn't this part goes to the one of the wires of the body throttle? But there has to be two of them. and for the other one I have no idea where to attach it.

Where is this part on the bike? Because I can not find it.

$(KGrHqR,!pQFCpQQYMw6BQvLDq39rw~~60_57.jpg

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
it does. You have two of them which are similar. Both pressure. One is atmospheric. The other, I can't remember what its called. I believe its air intake pressure or something of that nature. I did a lot of research on the system a year ago. My memory is fading

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with you. This is pressure sensor.
Does anyone have blueprints how to assembly fuel injection?

·
Registered
10,327 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
on diagrams like this, there is no way to figure out how elements are connected, or where to search for them..

55163.png

·
Registered
160 Posts
you need to make sure you have all the connections for the injectors and air tempeture switch trottle position sensor wires . you might think along the lines of getting a wiring harness of of ebay you might be able to find one for about 50.00 and just replace it and then get a manual and start looking to see what sensors your missing more than likly they just cut several of the wires off and you would still need the main harness that way you don't have to be guess what is missing and then have to find the ends and splice them in which would be harder best bet get the manual first and go from thier GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
79 Posts
There are a number of diagrams in the service manual that should help you determine what connections go where. See pages: 1-20 to 1-42.

·
Registered
346 Posts
:confuse:does anyone know what do you do with the cold solenoids once you replace the air intake system? the instructions are not clear, it only says "tuck away the wires attached to it, but no reference on what to do... do you just remove them... help

·
Registered
346 Posts
nice... i have been breaking my head trying to figure out how to hide them... lol turns out you don't need them...

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
nice... i have been breaking my head trying to figure out how to hide them... lol turns out you don't need them...
Some keep them on for the convenience. They pull the fuel tank to the side and set them on top of the front cylinder. I think it just adds a chance for wire chafing.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I will leave them off, looks cleaner... thank you

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does anyone have service manual for Mean Streak 1500 (I need to know how to fix ignition system)... I have one manual but is for California models.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts