RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a set of drivers floorboards I have been looking online .. & they all just look the same to me (after looking for awhile) . does anyone know of a good place that sells them ?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Most of the Kawasaki Vulcan parts I interchange. To can look on ebay for floorboards for vn 1500/1600 and use whatever you find. They should fit. I bolted '99 nomad forward controls to my '05 Streak. Bolts lined right up.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I've got a friend that put floorboards on his classic and just left the original shifter. He had never used a heel shifter, so he really doesn't miss it. To tell you the truth, I ride my Nomad so little, (only when takingmoutmthe wife or son) that I have to think about the heel shifter.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Most of the Kawasaki Vulcan parts interchange.
I am correcting myself. It depends on the make and year. I was looking for a longer brake pedal for my Nomad, and on the Gadget's FixIt page, someone had suggested a model that had one. I found a whole brake side floorboard/mount/pedal assembly on eBay and got it in. I discovered the pedal wasn't any longer, and the mount was different and didn't have a place to mount the master cylinder. I believe it was supposed to be from an 800 Drifter. So I'd definitely look at all of the pics first, and I would stick wit '99-'08 Nomad floorboards. '09 is when they went to the 1700cc engine, belt drive, and made quite a few other changes, so I'm not sure about those.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I bought a set last fall on ebay I can't remember but think they were off a classic and bolted right up I got them for a like $125. BTW the pair I bought were a bit weathered however there are pretty easy to strip and get down to the aluminum and polish... or you can always have them powder coated if that is more the look you like but just thought I would pass this on because usually the better priced ones on ebay are a little weathered looking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2005 meanstreak and I'm looking to get some floorboards. Do you also have to buy extended clutch and brake levers or will I have enough "foot room" with the stock brake and clutch lever?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an 03 meanie and I had to change the brake pedal out. The way mine curved would not allow to mount it in the correct position. I bought brackets, floorboards, and the brake pedal off of a 1500 classic. Took about 20 minutes to change them out. I left my original shifter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for responding. Yea, I've heard floorboards can work from the 1500 and 1600 models with the exception of the brake, but I'm hearing mixed reviews on whether or not you need an extended shift lever.

·
Registered
495 Posts
they all fit the mean streak,1500 is just a different style than 1600,but the parts between the two are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Newbie here. Curious about this topic. The OEM boards I've looked at don't account for the Mean Streak pipe hanger on the right rear peg, or the mounting of the rear brake master cylinder and reservoir on the right front peg. How have you experienced guys managed that? Is there a particular year Classic or Nomad that is a direct fit to a 2003 Mean Streak?

Regards,

DG

·
Registered
495 Posts
not sure of the years ,but the front floorboard bracket that is a large triangle shape will fit the brake master without modification,it is the same as the mean streak mount except for the peg mounting,the earlier years use a smaller triangle shape which will still work except with some modifications.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The rear brake reservoir isn't mounted the the peg mount, a hose from it the the master cylinder which is mounted on the bracket that will come with the floorboards. You have to change out the bracket and brake pedal along with the floorboard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts