RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I changed the oil new plugs cleans and oiled air filter
Since you said you oiled the airfilter I'm going to assume that you have an aftermarket re-useable filter. If you don't use the correct filter oil or you saturate the filter with oil (if it's a K&N style filter - don't use filter oil for a foam filter) - the motor will struggle getting enough air - thus wont perform as well. The filter only needs a light film of oil to make it work. If it is simply too much oil, it will eventually be sucked in and burnt off and you will find your performance will return.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since you said you oiled the airfilter I'm going to assume that you have an aftermarket re-useable filter. If you don't use the correct filter oil or you saturate the filter with oil (if it's a K&N style filter - don't use filter oil for a foam filter) - the motor will struggle getting enough air - thus wont perform as well. The filter only needs a light film of oil to make it work. If it is simply too much oil, it will eventually be sucked in and burnt off and you will find your performance will return.
Ty . I have a k&n filter. Changed the plugs runs better now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts