RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Martin,

I have those 7S springs from Netlore if you want them. Tried them today and wasn't impressed with them. They are much shorter than stock, and the package came with a long and a short spacer. I don't think these are stock. I have to ask Stan (Netlore) how they were supposed to go. I made up my own spacers in the shop tonight from tubing stock and got it approximate.

Initial impressions: The front ride height is about 1/2" lower (maybe more). Really soft 1" or so at the top, then the springs "engage". They feel fine. I only rode on them for 10 or so minutes, but it didn't blow my mind or anything.

Of course, like I said, I had to make up my own spacers, and I have NO idea how long they're supposed to be (I've since chucked them). I still have the springs and the long/short spacers that were sent. If you want to mess around with them, I can send them to you and just charge you what he charged me ($45 including shipping). I'm sure once you get the spacer length correct, they're fine and the front sag will disappear. I just didn't have the time or energy to do it.

Let me know. If not, anybody else that wants them can reply, but Martin has first dibbs.

Won't ANY mod work on my damn bike?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Emrah

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
start small. try new grips. then maybe mirrors :)

in all seriousness, try this: measure the length of an uncompressed stock spring and spacer together. then measure the new spring and cut the spacer to make up the difference, maybe add 1/4" for some preload. then put it in and ride it for more than ten minutes. at least a few days. give yourself time to get used to it and encounter some different terrain.

don't squander your access to tools and a shop, you're making me jealous ;)

scott :)

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scott,

That's exactly what I did. I laid the old spring and spacer end to end, then the new spring and milled down a spacer to equal the old spring/spacer combo length. At least this got me in the ballpark. I did not measure before/after ride height, but the front did definetely sag a bit.

I have no idea why there is a long and short spacer. I have yet to email Stan and ask exactly what they are and what came off the bike. Been too busy at work and too tired to write many emails when I get home.

Have fun on your ride tomorrow or Sunday. I gotta work. I'll be knee-deep in data-aquisition system wiring with our engineer geek for the new car. Going testing at Buttonwillow Wed. and Thur. Much to do till then. Long hours. Ugh.

Oh, and Happy Birthday by the way. :smilewink :smilewink

Later,

Emrah

P.S. The only mod that seems to have ever worked on my bike is the "Skip Barber Race Series" sticker on my license plate bracket. It hasn't fallen off yet! :laugh: :laugh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts