RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally managed to find one over here in Europe.
Guy selling one in Spain, got it for £31 delivered to the UK.
u6t.JPG

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Have you ever had trouble with the automatic one, (and the cam chain making noise), or just wanted to "go manual" Shakey?

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I think Shakey wants to replace his bike piece by piece.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did notice a small rattle on over run in my video.
also have had one just fail with no warning on my CBr6 years ago.

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
You dont ever want to eliminate the rattle. Doing so is just like running a drive chain too tight and does way more damage, and causes way more wear than the slight noise.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Looks just like the APE manual adjusters. Did your cam chain ever get loud/louder after dropping to the closed throttle position from HIGH RPM's? If so, that would indicate an issue with the adjuster staying engaged in a stripped gear notch, which is the only issue I've ever heard of with ours. (non-hydraulic) Like anything else though, If you like the idea of "swapping it out" for a manual adjuster, for peace of mind...that's cool. Like "RC" mentioned, as long as it's done correctly, and not too tight, it's a upgrade/modification that's reasonable IMO. Keep us posted on what, if any, problems you find/see with your old one when you remove it. So Shakey, Is there a tool, or procedure that keeps the tension on the chain while swapping it out, to prevent it from "jumping time", or is that not an issue?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts