RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running this "MAP" and what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Look down in this Topics section and see the topic PC III and Exhaust. Seems some fweel that map is not working well. I use the 215-007.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did review that post and a few others but most that I read seems people talk about it but aren't running it. I have a tune on it now but in my opinion is so far off compared to the others out there that it really has me in question. That and I think it's extremely rich down low and lean up top. I'll try to post my current map if I can figure out how to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is my current map from previous owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Looks like they tried getting rid of a decel backfire by adding fuel at zero throttle. also, your map is not as rich as the stock 215-009 map. There are sime spots on the 20% throttle that are richer but thats about it.
It's way richer than my map though by far

·
Registered
998 Posts
I did review that post and a few others but most that I read seems people talk about it but aren't running it. I have a tune on it now but in my opinion is so far off compared to the others out there that it really has me in question. That and I think it's extremely rich down low and lean up top. I'll try to post my current map if I can figure out how to.
I ran it and got 30mpg. Why don't you load it up, try it out, and let us know how you like it? The map is for your setup, not for mine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like they tried getting rid of a decel backfire by adding fuel at zero throttle. also, your map is not as rich as the stock 215-009 map. There are sime spots on the 20% throttle that are richer but thats about it.
It's way richer than my map though by far
The bike has no backfire at all right now but smells of fuel at idle and lower rpms. Thanks for the MAP's as well.

I ran it and got 30mpg. Why don't you load it up, try it out, and let us know how you like it? The map is for your setup, not for mine.
I have 4 different maps to try right now but the weather had been rainy the last week and calling for another week of rainy weather. I know the guy that had his bike on the dyno producing the M215-009 tune likes it but is also out west. I guess I was just more curious if people were running the tune with or without the exact set up for it making them to not like it. I like the idea of the "advanced tune" and thanks to Rasmith I have 2 different ones to try out. I know the only real way to do it is on the dyno (hopefully this summer), just was looking for something that might be better than what I'm running now.

Thanks again to everyone for their input.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well after trying one of Rasmith's MAP's I felt the rear cylinder building more heat than normal (could be actually running right as my current tune isn't a advanced tune). I also noticed my throttle input was 2%-98% which I corrected with the key on but noticed it was still off when running (around 3%) so I changed the values (idle and WOT) while running to the values with just the key on and got it to 0%. After that I decided to try the M215-009 map and it seemed to run rather nicely with hardly any backfiring (once or twice in a 20 minute ride with lots of off and on throttle). I guess now I just need to see where the MPG's are with this tune.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try the last map I sent for grins..Fuel table 2 was running lean for me as well..I gave it a good trial and noticed the vibration at 3K was gone, engine temp wasnt as hot and loads of power.
I plan on it. Kinda just ran out of daylight and went with the commonly known rich tune for now. Might try to ride to work tomorrow if the weather allows.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
37.3 MPG's with M215-009 tune. Think I'm going to run this for one more tank before trying your other MAP Rasmith.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
287 Posts
Try running this map. I leaned out the map in the 1700 to 3500 rpm range below 20% throttle. All the rest is original 215-009 map. Fuel mileage increased and and the rich smell decreased. It's not a radical change where you have to worry about damaging your engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've been running M219-009 (that's the exact setup I have) and gotten 33-36mpg but it seems to run nice no backfire on decel - I got closer to 40 mpg before the intake/exhaust change. I just downloaded the fuel economy mp and will try it out.

Maybe I'm blind but I did not see where to download Rasmith's maps..?

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
He more than likely pm'd them to the intended person??
Yup..Emailed them at request. Here they are. The Yeager map is the original map off the Dyno. See my Signature for my setup. I also put it in the details window so you'll see it when you open the file. The Yeager map was based off the 215-008 map.

The other files are based off the Dyno map. I played around with some of the leaner settings trying to eliminate a decel backfire. I all but got rid of it by minimizing the negative fuel adjustments primarily. I made random notes to the files on what I altered. Im throwing them in here for those who want

View attachment Yeager Dyno Map.zip

Today I found my caddman "Marble" trick went AWOL so that was probably the cause of the backfire and popping. Won't know till tomorrow. I loaded the Yeager Map back up and will try it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Cool..
I'm going back to the second map because I may have uncovered the reason for my decel backfiring. The plug on the tube that goes to the reed valves was broke in two and worthless.
I ended up putting the Dyno map back on. Zero backfire..Zero popping at 3700RPM like I had before..

No need to remove the reed valves at this point..That'll be wrapped into my Chuckster Winter project. Unless the weather is bad and Im bored and have all the mods collected.

·
Registered
9,018 Posts
I ended up putting the Dyno map back on. Zero backfire..Zero popping at 3700RPM like I had before..

No need to remove the reed valves at this point..That'll be wrapped into my Chuckster Winter project. Unless the weather is bad and Im bored and have all the mods collected.
what map are you running now? I am going to try and get mine on the dyno in a few days. Maybe monday

1 - 20 of 31 Posts