RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to take my 2012 650 on a road trip from Cincinnati, OH to the Grand Canyon this year. This will be about 4,000 miles round trip. I am trying to determine the best way to carry luggage and camping gear. I bought the bike used with sport bars and the Yoshimura fender eliminator kit. I will be installing the stock bars for this trip for a better seating position. I am concerned about the turn signal placement for luggage though. Ideally, I would have a tank bag, side cases, and a dry bag rolled up on the passenger seat. I am pretty lost with rack options to accomodate the dry bag and side cases. It seems like all the racks run exactly where the turn signals are located. What would you recommend?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yoshimura fender eliminator kit should accommodate original Kawasaki bags with no issues. Once you start adding universal bags than it's hard to tell if it's going to be in a way or not. Buy the bags you really really want and will use in the future for future trips, start putting them on and see if they will fit, start putting the gear in the bags as well. Also, it all depends on what gear you'll have, you might have more gear than you say you will. It's hard to tell, it varies from person to person.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good to know. Another option I'm considering is installing an integrated tail light so I won't have to worry about the turn signals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts