RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going . I have a 2001 Kawasaki zr7s and I want to lower it. I can find information on everything except what to do with the exhaust. The exhaust is the stock 4 in to 1 . 2 over and 2 under and runs directly under the bike . is there an exhaust option for this bike that will get the exhaust out of the way and make room for me to lower it. I've looked and can't seem to find anything that will work.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
I've seen these and I think you can retain the factory exhaust. https://www.amazon.com/Soupys-Kawasaki-ZR-7S-Lowering-Links/dp/B00IMJTZVG

No idea how well they work etc.

There are also other forum threads on options. https://www.riderforums.com/threads/lowering-the-zr7.74707/

If you are just looking at what to do with the exhaust I don't know of anything that removes / replaces the header. Almost everything aftermarket is the muffler back. There are some examples of dual exhausts but they still split under the bike and you have to remove the center stand. I doubt this would work in conjunction with lowering links. Anything else would be a custom build I'd guess.

How were you planning on lowering the bike?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea thats what I really think I need to figure out is the exhaust . everything else I can find answers to. Like sliding the forks up in the triple tree and lowering links and adjustable kickstands but as it stands right now I barely clear speed bumps. Go over them just a little to fast and I bottom out . the exhaust does seem to hang low on this bike. Ive been able to find aftermarket exhausts but not for lowering . would like to get rid of the huge chrome can too. Would like to have something that ends right in front of the rear tire maybe. My wife doesn't like how the muffler vibrates her foot seeing how it is attached to her peg. I may end up seeing if I can find a used exhaust I can cut up and customize. Try to run them 4 across into a collector or maybe a tri-y design. Problem is trying to find used parts like that . kind of new to street bikes . only been at it for 3 years now. Ridden dirt bikes most of my life so any and all advice is greatly appreciated . I followed the link to other forum that you gave me and they didn't say anything about the exhaust there but I did ask them what they did so hopefully I will hear something back. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
I've seen lots of threads on difference cans you can put on, but all seem to keep the stock header and collector under the bike. It's usually routed under that way for access to the oil filter and drain plug. You could have something custom made I'd guess as you're unlikely to find anything aftermarket. These bikes weren't the most popular and they've been out of productions since 2005.

There is something like this https://www.speed-products.com/Eagle-Mach-7-Kawasaki-ZR7-S-99-04-Komplettanlage-4in1-mit-EG-ABE but I can't tell if it's any thinner than the stock or not - plus it's not cheap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea that wasnt cheap. I'm a fabricator by trade . I may just see if I can find something used and cut it up and fab something up myself since there doesnt seem to be any easy options . thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts