RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Gotcha.....the ride does look very cool.....I would think the handling would still be pretty good. Old and tired? I am 58 and counting.....but still stay in shape and love to corner agressively, just a reflection of my younger crazy days on sport bikes....yikes! Glad I am still around to talk about it. We should be able to ride until we are either dead, or the planet runs out of good premium gas.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Phatire.....I weigh 230 lbs....I had a Suzuki M109R with a 260/40 VR18 on the rear, and yes, it took some real input to get into a good line, it steered like a truck. I don't miss it at all. I suppose with even a 200 on the rear of our bikes, it would take just a little more "push" on thebar to get into a tighty.....but those standard 410's were wimpy and turning into a right turn on a tight right hand turn they bottomed down and left a ruined lower pipe. I had to replace the exhaust....but upgraded. I guess I was just spoiled over 35 years of riding hard on sport bikes and love to lean hard in corners. The guy at motorcycle superstore.com in Medford Oregon told me the 410 progressive "heavy duty" shocks wouldn't fir my ride and later found out the young mand didn't know s-it from shinola and was wrong. What shocks are you running on yours? HD versions will fit on the back with no mods?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I need to get myself an exhuast like yours Phat... i went on a ride thru very curvy roads and scraped the crap out of mine... where did you get yours?
Do you have a side profile pic of your bike lowered?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Here is the latest Pic with a new Low And Mean Rear fender!!!
IMG_2064.jpg
IMG_2063.jpg

Sorry very low res pic

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Looks incredible!!! are those the Morton's I keep hearing about?
They are custom made, not an off the shelf item like Vance and Hines.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
IMG_2072.jpg IMG_2071.jpg

Latest pic with the Low and Mean CRS and the Low and Mean Reaper rear fender.

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Nice looking ride!! The 11" drop looks great!
I love it! my main concern was to bottom out(10.5") but so far so good, even with the old lady(combined 335lbs)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
nice and low. here is mine with the vtx shocks set on #3
I always figured lowering the back end would result in less cornering clearance, but I am not 100% sure since it is the back being lowered, not the front (minus the 8 degree tree conversion). do you lose cornering clearance with just lowering to 11" shocks - and if so, how much? I scrape my pegs at stock height only on a few select curves and do like the way the 11" would look (glad you have a Marauder so I can see with the same rear fender).

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ive got the low and mean rear fender myself just waiting for it to get painted. Id really like to know what how that 200 tire looks under it from the back do you have any pics of that?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
21 - 39 of 39 Posts