RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lowered my 2011 Ninja 1000 about 1.5" (Soupy's Performance LLC) and the kickstand needs to be shortened or replaced. Does anyone know which kickstands are compatible with the Ninja 1000? Most of the aftermarket adjustable kickstands don't even list the Z1000 as an option (which judging by the OEM microfiche is almost identical). My other option is to just buy another OEM stand, cut it and weld the base back on.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
Craig

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
My other option is to just buy another OEM stand, cut it and weld the base back on.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
that is you cheapest ( if money matters ) option

What do you think of the Soupy's link?? I am thinking about buying one to raise the rear of the Z ( that is if the same logic holds true as before )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is you cheapest ( if money matters ) option

What do you think of the Soupy's link?? I am thinking about buying one to raise the rear of the Z ( that is if the same logic holds true as before )
The link is solid and was fairly easy to install but I haven't put it back together yet so I can't comment on how it will fare over time, but from the look of it I think it will be fine. You should be able to raise the bike 1-1.5" with the link as well as 3-4" the other way. If you emailed them they would give you the exact numbers.

I'm probably going to just cut some of my stand and weld the plate back on then watch for a used one on eBay in case I put it back to stock someday.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I'm probably going to just cut some of my stand and weld the plate back on then watch for a used one on eBay in case I put it back to stock someday.
that is the route I would go as well

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Just keep in mind that the forks aren't straight up/down so moving them 1.5" up in the triple does not lower the bike 1.5"... you have to use that geometry they taught you in high school to get the right measurement for moving the forks.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
That's what I would do, too... But I just wanted to point out that you can't just push the tubes up an inch and half and call it a day!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yeah the dilemma I did not think of LoL
Curious to how handling and feel going to be having back end lower like 2"
Might have to go for just top of tippy toes and only lower like 1/3 of an inch
650R at 31.7 was ridable.. 32.3" seemed too high to be safe at stop light if I hit a slippy patch like water, oil, or gravel.. maybe 32" right in middle be fine

·
Registered
504 Posts
I got the perfect solution off a previous thread on this subject. I used a right angle gringer and kept grinding the stop point back and I achieved two things. The side stand is now further forward and less likley to trip while parked and the bike is more cocked to one side than it was stock. It's a win win. I have tested in all parking situations and it works well. Grind a little and test each time. It took about five times to remove the amount I was comfortable with, then I focused on squaring up my grind with a file when finished. At best guess I ground off about 3 to 4mm off the front stop. The only draw back is if you go back to your original height your bike will lean like a Hardly when parked on the side stand.
I set my suspension stiff, lowered the from end by 10mm in the tubes and the rear about an inch and I still can haul butt.

Yeah the dilemma I did not think of LoL
Curious to how handling and feel going to be having back end lower like 2"
Might have to go for just top of tippy toes and only lower like 1/3 of an inch
650R at 31.7 was ridable.. 32.3" seemed too high to be safe at stop light if I hit a slippy patch like water, oil, or gravel.. maybe 32" right in middle be fine

·
Registered
617 Posts
$60 on ebay from T-rex racing fully adjustable oh it has free ship too. Noticed it listed tonight. 30 of them in stock.

·
Registered
508 Posts
$60 on ebay from T-rex racing fully adjustable oh it has free ship too. Noticed it listed tonight. 30 of them in stock.
I didnt think it would work since the Z1000 and Ninja 1000 kickstands have different part numbers but dealer said only different between them is the direction the bolt goes and said z1000 bolt hole a hair smaller so that T-Rex kickstand just needs the bolt hole opened a little..
For $60 was worth

1 - 20 of 26 Posts