RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just emailed this company in France who will color match this belly pan to any factory colored ZR-7. Here's the pic and the email he sent back.

Hi Stan,

thank's to visit our website and to appreciate our design.

Painted 2001 red lower fairing : $ 249

The paint we have is really good, we take great care about it in order to have the best quality ,
we have all Kawasaki factory colors in stock.

Easy to fit you won't need more than 1h30 to mount each unit.

Allow us 5 days for painting and 9 days for shipping.
To place an order, you just have to send us a fax with your credit card number or you can phone to our head office :

Phone : 011 331 3931 4221
Fax : 011 331 3931 4273

If you need any other information, feel free to e-mail us.

Have a great day,
Franck
FSD

·
Registered
74 Posts
Stan,

I had a great experience with Free Street Design. Although I cannot comment on how their paint job was (I had it painted myself), the lower fairing is pretty high quality and I haven't had a single problem with it yet, and after a fall on each side I only experience mild scratching. The one thing that I wasn't prepared for was drilling a hole into the bike to attach the rear of the fairing. But once I figured out what to do it was a snap. Good luck, I'm sure you'll love it.

Matt Ream

·
Registered
154 Posts
Lower Fairing - Free Street Design

Matt,

I was considering this after market part. Can you tell me a bit more about the hole you have to drill?

Jenny

·
Registered
214 Posts
Jenny,

I believe he is talking about where the pan connects to the "step stays". If you look at the pic above and see where the back bolt in the yellow section is connected to the bike. There is no hole there so you have to drill it. Not positive, but I think it is about a 1/4 inch thick. A good drill bit and some oil and it is pretty simple.

·
Registered
74 Posts
EXACTLY!!!

I took a quater inch screw that was slightly wider than the hole I drilled, torqued it on really tightly, and voila!! Sturdy as can be!

Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts