RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

Just wondering if anyone out there knows if anyone sells a louder horn for the -7? I don't use my horn that much, but when I do, I want to be HEARD!!!

Like when the lumbering SUV's driven by the soccer mom who's turned around and fighting with the twins in the back seat instead of looking at the road, or that #$#-hole on the cell phone closing the deal of a lifetime in his Lexus on his way to a golf match decides to pick and choose lanes randomly without loooking around or signaling. (Oh, and don't forget the 70-year "drivers" who haven't turned to check their blind spots in the past 30 years and figure the ol' Buick or Continental will do all the driving for them).

Ok, done venting. Really though. The stock horn is pretty wimpy and I doubt anyone of the above-mentioned freaks that we share the road with will hear it, what with a cell phone to one ear, yelling children in the other, stereo blasting and insulated by their cages that come with about 300 pounds of insulation to "shield" drivers from the outside world, decides to cut you off.

Any suggustions? (and don't say "therapy", please).

Emrah

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
J.C. Whitney has different types horns. They have a 12V horn that's suppose to have that "Big Rig" sound. That may be a bit much. Mounting may be a problem. Maybe find another location for the stock horn and that may solve the problem. And if it doesn't, finding a place to mount a larger after market horn may also be a problem, but there are places you can sneak one in.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Thanks for the reminder Shuo ! I'd forgotten that a new horn was one more mod I wanted to make.

I'll have a look around the auto shops and if I find anything that suits, I'll post some pictures after I install it.

Scott

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Tom will never guess who owns this bike. :)

Owners comments on the horn "I know its ugly but it works!"

Andy

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
LOL, Andy, I don't know who owns that bike (but it looks vaguely familiar) but I do know who drives that Pontiac Gran Prix GTP parked behind it. Tom :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PS, have you considered going into business with your photoshop, your'e certainly real good with it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts