RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to leave work yesterday and I had no power when I turned the key to ON. Checked the battery voltage and found all zeros. Ended up on a flatbed to get home.

So I threw the battery on the trickle charger and it charged up quick (Deltran Lithium battery). This morning I checked voltage after sitting off the charger all night and it was good around 13.2v. Turned the key and still nothing - no lights whatsoever. So it looks like I have a bigger issue than just battery discharge. I haven't had a chance to check to the main fuse yet, but I thought I'd start this post to get some other ideas.

Are there any common issues with this bike I should check first? This has been my daily rider and very reliable thus far. Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it was the main fuse. I haven't had a chance to replace it yet and see if it blows. I'm really hoping the regulator rectifier didn't die or something else with the charging system. I did replace the stator last year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Popped a new fuse in yesterday and it didn't blow. Battery charge is holding good. All power is back on and bike fired up like normal for a few seconds.

I still want to test the charging system voltage before riding again.

I'm still concerned what would have caused the fuse to blow and the battery to be drained, but for now all is good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts