RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my 650r seems like it has lost some power. The motor sounds a little different to me, kind of a "throaty" sound. Could it be compression? Fuel? Valves? I'm not sure...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a new air filter and plugs maybe a year ago? Haven't checked the fuel filter, but the motor just sounds different hard to explain like it's something internal

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I got a new air filter and plugs maybe a year ago? Haven't checked the fuel filter, but the motor just sounds different hard to explain like it's something internal
How many miles on the 'new' air filter/plugs? Mileage is generally more important than time with things like oil, coolant, filters and plugs. it could be as simple as getting some bad fuel at last fill-up - if possible, drain the tank and put in some fresh fuel and see if it helps.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Begin at the beginning. What year is your bike and how many miles are on it? When and at what mileage was the last service done and what was done? Have you ever adjusted the valves? Also, check the basics - is it getting proper fuel (good, not contaminated, and proper flow rate) air (nothing blocking the intake or air filter) and spark (battery reads at least 12.5V when off and 14.2+ while running)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts