RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to anyone out there looking for a Scorpion Slip-on for a 2006-2008 Ninja 650r, I have something you want.
I just bought the exhaust 2 weeks ago and have ridden maybe 200 miles with it, but I think I'm going to trade it out for the 2 bros. The scorpion sounds real deep and everything, but I'm really looking for that obnoxiously loud kinda pipe and the scorpion isn't quite as loud as I'd hoped. It's louder than stock, but my friend has a 2bros and it doesn't compare. The pipe's pretty much brand new - minor scuffs from my dirty hands when putting it on, but nothing you would notice if you were more than a foot away. PM or reply if you're interested! I found it for $320 at the 650shop so I'll sell for $280-$300, depending on how much your shipping would be. I honestly have no idea how much shipping is, so I'll try to make sure you don't pay over $300 for everything.
Let me know!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've pulled the baffles out of the air box, but as for the slip-on I don't see anything I can pull out easily. The only mod I saw someone do was shorten it, but from his pictures it didn't look the baffle is supposed to come out

·
Registered
322 Posts
If you want loud, louder than your friends.. get a Danmoto. cheap, light, easy to install... and LOUD with a deep rumble. I don't think its really much more than a cherry bomb lol

·
Registered
746 Posts

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i'm pretty sure that is what you're not pulling out that is making it "quiet". I'm not 100% because I don't own this slip on but that's most likely the baffle that is causing it. Most people just take pliers and just grab and pull it out of their slip ons.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank Green Rocket I totally forgot about that.

and to Glocken - I'm pretty sure that doesn't come out. That's the only thing holding in the insulation or whatever it's called that's inside the exhaust. There's no other metal or anything hard inside the exhaust, just the pipe. If I pulled that out I think the insides would just spill out the back once I turn it on

·
Registered
322 Posts
i'm nearly 100% that the thin metal sleeve in there is the quiet core.. it looks like its been removed before. Take it to an exhaust shop or something and have them look, cause you are wasteing time, the scorpion is a loud exhaust.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
i'm nearly 100% that the thin metal sleeve in there is the quiet core.. it looks like its been removed before. Take it to an exhaust shop or something and have them look, cause you are wasteing time, the scorpion is a loud exhaust.

+1, I believe there is the baffle the O.P. is talking about that IS the muffler's guts. Then there is the quiet core, that everybody else has been telling the O.P. about. there is a reason that SINGLE screw is there, and it's not too hold in the main muffler's guts.

The best way to check this is pull the muffler off. Measure the input size of the inner baffle, then measure the output side of the baffle. If the baffle is smaller at the rear, I'd almost bet money that is an ADDITIONAL baffle to further quiet a really loud muffler. You might also even be able to get a flashlight and look in the end of the slip-on and see if there are 2 different sized baffles. I know my Competition Werkes slip-on is so big (hole), straight, and stubby I can just about see where the slip-on mates to the headpipe, by looking down the inside of the muffler from the end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts