RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just bought a ZRX1200R bout a month ago. It is Candy Lime Green with purple and white stripes. Love the bike and love the color!
There were two pretty good sized dents in the tank so I bought a dent puller from Harbour Freight and got most of it pulled out. I was able to remove the fuel gauge sending unit and tap more of the dents out from the inside.
Not perfect but a 100% improvement from what it was. So happy I put it all back together and backed the bike out of the basement to fuel up and go for a ride.
I set the bike on the stand and turned to close the door and heard a crash!
The stand was not down all the way and the bike fell into one of my deck support columns and crushed my tank!!

Hope someone out there can help me out.
a color match would be great, but i may have to just get a tank and paint.
Please send a message if you can help

tempImageNGuHUP.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So " willsthomas485 " why did you DELETE your reply to my post telling me to contact your friend ([email protected]) about a gas tank?????

Because your friend (YOU) tried to scam me for $300. Did you really think I would send you CASH?
Did you really think I would send you money by PayPal Friends & Family?
I might as well put $300 in an envelope and say here its a gift.

I sent you a $330 PayPal payment $30 extra to cover any PayPal fees with a note saying it was"payment for a gas tank."
Which you PROMPTLY refunded. Why, because you had no intentions of sending me a gas tank! THATS WHY
Hope you had fun draining your tank, removing it from your bike, and taking pictures of it in the hopes of stealing money

LET THIS BE A LESSON TO ALL
THERE ARE SCAMMERS ON HERE

·
American Legion Rider
42 Posts
So " willsthomas485 " why did you DELETE your reply to my post telling me to contact your friend ([email protected]) about a gas tank?????

Because your friend (YOU) tried to scam me for $300. Did you really think I would send you CASH?
Did you really think I would send you money by PayPal Friends & Family?
I might as well put $300 in an envelope and say here its a gift.

I sent you a $330 PayPal payment $30 extra to cover any PayPal fees with a note saying it was"payment for a gas tank."
Which you PROMPTLY refunded. Why, because you had no intentions of sending me a gas tank! THATS WHY
Hope you had fun draining your tank, removing it from your bike, and taking pictures of it in the hopes of stealing money

LET THIS BE A LESSON TO ALL
THERE ARE SCAMMERS ON HERE
@jb72mach1, I ran the email address thru an analyzer I have access to and it came back clean. What's the userid if this person is a member here and I can check if it's a known fraud or scam userid and check to see if there is a different email address I can analyze. See below...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for helping to prevent fraud on the site.
the initial address that "willsthomas485" gave me to contact his "friend" was [email protected]
this came from a post he replied on this page. (and deleted after this turned bad)
All his emails to me came as Bray Lon. Said he was located in Lancaster, Ohio.
He sent me photos and said he would sell it for $300. shipped to my door.
I told him that I would need to do a secure transaction. He did not reply.
I asked him if he could do PayPal and I would cover any fees.
He said he would accept a zelle payment. I told him I never heard of zelle what is it?
He replied he would accept PayPal but only the Family and Friends option.
I went to PayPal and sent him $330. $30 more to cover any fees. I had no problem paying more if needed.
Along with a note saying this was payment for purchase of a ZRX gas tank.
He immediately replied to me to cancel the payment, that I had to use Friends & Family.
Before I could even get to PayPal to look, I got a message that my payment had been refunded.
He then replied that I must use the Friends & Family option and that he would have to send me a different account to send to. I know what that option is used for, sending money to your family, expecting to get nothing in return! You have no recourse if you use it for a purchase and get nothing.
He said to me more than once that if I didn't feel comfortable with the transaction "he would advise me to find a tank closer to me"
I told him if he was more trusting than I am, to go ahead and ship me the tank and I would pay him $400 when I got it.
And I would have. He replied "he would prefer to be paid first" SHOCKER
That was the last I heard from him and willsthomas485 deleted his post

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello jb. Up until about a month ago I also had a zrx. Mine was a 99 1100. Yours looks like a 2000 by the way the tank decals look.Like you, mine fell over the day I got it home and into the garage,damn kickstand wasn't fully down.So I feel your pain. And right after you repaired it, what a shame.

There is a great website called zrxoa.org. It is all about zrx's and guys buy and sell all sorts of things. There is a section for zrx parts for sale. You won't believe it but there are guys that even make parts for these bikes on there. These tanks are getting harder and harder to find because of the age of the bike. There are tanks available now. You will find it is a highly trustworthy place and no ripoff artists there.I highly recommend you join and you will see there is a great deal of info available for these bikes and the guys are very helpful with any issues you may encounter. Give it a look, you can thank me later.
You are lucky that the transaction didn't go thru. Lots of scammers out there. Good luck with the bike, you are really going to like it. I did for 20yrs. I sold it to a guy on the zrxoa.org website.
(y)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello jb. Up until about a month ago I also had a zrx. Mine was a 99 1100. Yours looks like a 2000 by the way the tank decals look.Like you, mine fell over the day I got it home and into the garage,damn kickstand wasn't fully down.So I feel your pain. And right after you repaired it, what a shame.

There is a great website called zrxoa.org. It is all about zrx's and guys buy and sell all sorts of things. There is a section for zrx parts for sale. You won't believe it but there are guys that even make parts for these bikes on there. These tanks are getting harder and harder to find because of the age of the bike. There are tanks available now. You will find it is a highly trustworthy place and no ripoff artists there.I highly recommend you join and you will see there is a great deal of info available for these bikes and the guys are very helpful with any issues you may encounter. Give it a look, you can thank me later.
You are lucky that the transaction didn't go thru. Lots of scammers out there. Good luck with the bike, you are really going to like it. I did for 20yrs. I sold it to a guy on the zrxoa.org website.
(y)
Thank You
I checked into that site before, I believe it to be DEAD.
I will check again tonight.
Also ZRXOC.com
My bike is an 05, but the body work has all been replaced by the previous owner.
I love this color and prefer the purple over white, opposed to white over purple.
I know there are way more powerful bikes out there but I love the smooth power delivery.
My old ZX9R is faster that this, but at 65yrs. Im into more of what this bike does so effortlessly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank You
I checked into that site before, I believe it to be DEAD.
I will check again tonight.
Also ZRXOC.com
My bike is an 05, but the body work has all been replaced by the previous owner.
I love this color and prefer the purple over white, opposed to white over purple.
I know there are way more powerful bikes out there but I love the smooth power delivery.
My old ZX9R is faster that this, but at 65yrs. Im into more of what this bike does so effortlessly.
Here is a link. Definitely NOT DEAD.

Have to join to view stuff for sale.it is free to join. I highly recommend it.Way more info about these bikes there than there is here. I joined when I got my bike back in 2001, so 20yrs.ago. I just looked and there is a black and silver tank for sale, looks decent, guy wants $250.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a link. Definitely NOT DEAD.

Have to join to view stuff for sale.it is free to join. I highly recommend it.Way more info about these bikes there than there is here. I joined when I got my bike back in 2001, so 20yrs.ago. I just looked and there is a black and silver tank for sale, looks decent, guy wants $250.
Signed up tonight.
It lets me sign in and wells me, but won't let me post or go to market place.
i never received the email they were supposed to send.
Maybe it will come tomorrow.
really wanted to see that tank

Thank You

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Signed up tonight.
It lets me sign in and wells me, but won't let me post or go to market place.
i never received the email they were supposed to send.
Maybe it will come tomorrow.
really wanted to see that tank

Thank You
thats supposed to say welcomes me. geese do i really have to go back and check every word?

·
American Legion Rider
42 Posts
thank you for helping to prevent fraud on the site.
the initial address that "willsthomas485" gave me to contact his "friend" was [email protected]
this came from a post he replied on this page. (and deleted after this turned bad)
All his emails to me came as Bray Lon. Said he was located in Lancaster, Ohio.
He sent me photos and said he would sell it for $300. shipped to my door.
I told him that I would need to do a secure transaction. He did not reply.
I asked him if he could do PayPal and I would cover any fees.
He said he would accept a zelle payment. I told him I never heard of zelle what is it?
He replied he would accept PayPal but only the Family and Friends option.
I went to PayPal and sent him $330. $30 more to cover any fees. I had no problem paying more if needed.
Along with a note saying this was payment for purchase of a ZRX gas tank.
He immediately replied to me to cancel the payment, that I had to use Friends & Family.
Before I could even get to PayPal to look, I got a message that my payment had been refunded.
He then replied that I must use the Friends & Family option and that he would have to send me a different account to send to. I know what that option is used for, sending money to your family, expecting to get nothing in return! You have no recourse if you use it for a purchase and get nothing.
He said to me more than once that if I didn't feel comfortable with the transaction "he would advise me to find a tank closer to me"
I told him if he was more trusting than I am, to go ahead and ship me the tank and I would pay him $400 when I got it.
And I would have. He replied "he would prefer to be paid first" SHOCKER
That was the last I heard from him and willsthomas485 deleted his post
Looks like you definitely found a potential scammer. The [email protected] address is a potential but nothing reported lately.

However, the [email protected] address is much different and more likely to be a scammer.

I know this won't help you but it might help others. That member is now banned for what it's worth.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmmm, that's odd. You should use the link at the bottom of the home page that says Contact Us and a moderator will help get it straightened out I'm sure. Did you use same name you used here? They say the newest member is donantoine, but I recall seeing that name yesterday. Just curious. Here is a couple of pics of the tank. I know it doesn't match your color scheme, but it appears to be in decent shape. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmm, that's odd. You should use the link at the bottom of the home page that says Contact Us and a moderator will help get it straightened out I'm sure. Did you use same name you used here? They say the newest member is donantoine, but I recall seeing that name yesterday. Just curious. Here is a couple of pics of the tank. I know it doesn't match your color scheme, but it appears to be in decent shape. Good luck. View attachment 123245 View attachment 123246
That does look really nice. It would be a shame for me to paint it.
Maybe you could ask him to contact me.
I still have not received my confirmation email from ZRXOA.
Im going there now to look and see what I can do

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like you definitely found a potential scammer. The [email protected] address is a potential but nothing reported lately.

View attachment 123239
However, the [email protected] address is much different and more likely to be a scammer.
View attachment 123240

I know this won't help you but it might help others. That member is now banned for what it's worth.
It does help me, I think?
I doesn't help me find a tank, but I don't think I lost any money.
I got a refund notice from PayPal. Im going to have to go there and make sure I got it.
Maybe you or I should start a post to warn others about the two contacts.

Thanks for your help and it makes me feel better seeing it here in black and white

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That does look really nice. It would be a shame for me to paint it.
Maybe you could ask him to contact me.
I still have not received my confirmation email from ZRXOA.
Im going there now to look and see what I can do
I think I am activated now, just waiting for moderation.
I did get to see the black tank but could not contact him. Maybe tomorrow
thanks

·
American Legion Rider
42 Posts
It does help me, I think?
I doesn't help me find a tank, but I don't think I lost any money.
I got a refund notice from PayPal. Im going to have to go there and make sure I got it.
Maybe you or I should start a post to warn others about the two contacts.

Thanks for your help and it makes me feel better seeing it here in black and white
Well, member willsthomas485, has been banned so he'll not be a problem until he returns as a new member and starts scamming again. Hopefully we can catch him before he can the next time but of course, no guarantees. Everyone needs to keep their guards up. Scammers are everywhere these days.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think I am activated now, just waiting for moderation.
I did get to see the black tank but could not contact him. Maybe tomorrow
thanks
Send him a private message...I see your name listed there as the newest member,so I guess you got things straightened out.(y)Hope it all works out or you. That website is very useful for any zrx owners as you will see.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts