RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
There is a set on ebay but the guy is in Italy and is selling a sissy bar with it. He won't split them up

·
Registered
361 Posts
That set is CHERRY!
I tried to grab them but I wasnt willing to buy the whole package. I just picked up a set of Jardines from Texas so It worked out for the best. Im 6'4" and the Jardines are perfect. I had a set on my last Meanie and loved them.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
How much you paying for Jardine? If I can ask you
If you are looking for info about how much your used set might be worth, there have been plenty of used sets sold in the 'for sale' section to give you reference.

If you need guidance, PM me.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The set that Texas sold me were brand spanking new in the box. There was a real nice set on ebay last month with a starting bid of 300. The guy listed it 3 times and never got a bid. It may be because the guy was a ******* and never answered any of my emails. It is all about condition. If they are in really nice shape I would say they are worth 300 or more.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
The set that Texas sold me were brand spanking new in the box. There was a real nice set on ebay last month with a starting bid of 300. The guy listed it 3 times and never got a bid. It may be because the guy was a ******* and never answered any of my emails. It is all about condition. If they are in really nice shape I would say they are worth 300 or more.
The guy on ebay did have a starting bid of 300 but that auction also had a reserve price that had to be met. His buy now price was 600 so that usually means the reserve price is set halfway between at 450.
From the pics it did look to be a nice set.

Like Jtgtp22 mentioned, 'condition' greatly determines the 'asking' price.

Fiflak's set of Jardines also have the mini-floorboards on them that will add value to the set or can be sold separately. Just offhand I would put a 'starting' price of 300 to 320 on the set of Jardines forwards without the mini's included...along with 110 to 120 on the mini-floorboards. Negotiate from there. Make um' a deal if they buy both. Shipping included or not is also negotiable.

Like everything else, the price usually drops if the item/s linger and by how fast the seller wants to move them. Supply and demand in whatever season it is being sold will sometimes play a role in how fast something sells and for how much.

·
Registered
361 Posts
yeah the set on ebay looked like it had road rash on the bottom on one side. I emailed him 5 times asking if it was the pic or if they were really damged and never got a response. Ebays policy is that the BIN price has to be at least 30% more than the reserve price so I am guessing you were right on with a 450 reserve. Like I said not 1 bid in 3 auctions.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
yeah the set on ebay looked like it had road rash on the bottom on one side. I emailed him 5 times asking if it was the pic or if they were really damged and never got a response. Ebays policy is that the BIN price has to be at least 30% more than the reserve price so I am guessing you were right on with a 450 reserve. Like I said not 1 bid in 3 auctions.
The no message/email response makes my alarm bell start ringing. Pictures can be a excellent tool for hiding flaws and making things look better than they are. On the other hand, honest folks will use pics to show a product as well as detailing flaws or damage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The guy on ebay did have a starting bid of 300 but that auction also had a reserve price that had to be met. His buy now price was 600 so that usually means the reserve price is set halfway between at 450.
From the pics it did look to be a nice set.

Fiflak's set of Jardines also have the mini-floorboards on them that will add value to the set or can be sold separately. I would put a 'starting' price of 350 on the set of Jardines forwards without the mini's included...along with 120 to 130 on the mini-floorboards. Make um' a deal if they buy both. Buyer to pay shipping.

Like everything else, the price usually drops if the item/s linger and by how fast the seller wants to move them. Supply and demand in whatever season it is being sold.

I can't found item starting bid for 300$ on eBay

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts