RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for a good set of Crashbars? After putting 4000 miles of my new ZR-7S, I laid it down yesterday and cracked the Pickup Coil Cover on the right side of the bike and put some minor scratches on the fairing, muffler, mirror, etc.:?

·
West Coast Moderator
13,030 Posts
Unfortunately we're limited. You can see what the factory has to offer at www.buykawasaki.com. I'm sure someone makes others that, unknowingly to ZR-7 owners, will fit. But, the price for a set of these is cheaper than replacing cases and covers. And, if you've a mind to, you can throw on a set of auxilery pegs for an extra foot position for the long rides.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. The set on the BuyKawasaki site look like they will do the job.

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
Those Renntec look good...so I made an enquiry. Reply as follows :

"We can supply engine bars for your motorcycle, price and ordering details as
follows:
Part number(s):REN10214C-chrome
Description(s):ZR-7 engine bars -chrome
Price: 56.17
Postage: 39.10 for a 42 working day service (Please allow extra time for
delivery at this time of year)
(prices quoted are in UK pounds)"

That seems cheaper than the genuine Kawasaki items and they do look good. But now I have installed the Carbon can I might go with the black...decisions decisions.

For Melbourne people (again :) ) my dealer put me on to a place in Moorabbin called Ram Engineering who make them to order. Seems their work is good and is done for a reasonable price.
Since Scottmac lives over near there I will await his report haha

:)

·
Silver Member
479 Posts
Hey, Andy.
I can't find this picture on their site. Is it real or it's another photoshop piece of sh... art?

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,811 Posts
Hey Andy, Shuo had a legit concern about whether the pic was real or not, most of the pics are easy enough to tell whether they are the real thing or not (like my mirrors). How about adding a comment below your future pics as to authenticity (the real deal) and a link to the pic, thanks buddy, Tom :)

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Will do thanks for the suggestion Tom...

BTW if you right-click on any picture you can determine where the source or link to the picture is.

Andy

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,811 Posts
Good idea Andy, I just tried the right click on your last pic of crash bars -- it works. Keep up the good work, buddy. oh BTW, how's the business going these days?? Tom :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
We're not pickin on you, Andy. Think of it as a subliminal compliment as to the exactness of your photoshop skill; keep 'em coming!!

BTW, those crash bars in your pic looked really sharp. They looked like they compliment the chrome header, since nothing else does. Are there any pics where the whole bike is seen with these installed??

·
Silver Member
479 Posts
These are pounds. Prices directly from Renntec are 49.36-black and 56.17-chrome. And shipping is 30.70 for a 28 working day service.

·
Silver Member
479 Posts
Yes, Danno, we know. But how they look like it's plain sucks. Renntec bars much better and aren't much more expensive. I'm still don't know what I'll choose...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Glad to hear the review. I am really partial to the chrome crashbars. I think it will accent the stainless steel header nicely. We'll see.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I can tell from my experience that Kawasaki's Engine Guards are not the best choice: they actually allowed the crank case to be grinded pretty hard during my last mishap at Laguna Seca.
I've attached the picture.

Their shape seems not to be very optimal. They did save the tank, though.

Looks like these Renntec offer much better protection.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts