RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 MS with V&H Longshots has the stock non-wrapped baffles in, sounds great but my ears would be ringing after a long ride and I don't like earplugs on the road. V&H doesn't recommend the fiberglass wrapped baffles on this pipe cuz it'll blue. I ended up trying some baffles from Smartpartz, supposed to cut 6-12 db. I really like 'em. They don't look like they would do much, but it quieted them down just about right. Install is easy, the hard part on mine was getting the original baffles out. One came out ok, but the other one I had to remove the back half of the pipe-not the head pipe- and drive it out with a piece of conduit. You have to take them out to drill a hole in them. You might be able to install them without doing that, but when I read that you had to remove them I took mine out before I spent $70 ordering the baffles. They're at smartpartz.com. There are some videos on youtube, some before and after stuff. I didn't put anything on there though. I don't know if it would pass muffler laws, haven't been unlucky enough to find out <G>.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts