RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on installing a daytona digital temperature sensor on the bike.Can anyone tell me where on the motor the OEM sensor is located? Right side ?left side?I don't wanna pull the fairings off both sides if I don't have to.Should be on the thermostat housing but I cannot see where that is on the bike and I do not have a repair manual yet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does that look like it is right above the starter to you?I can not enlarge the picture.I had this gauge installed on my 2008 Ninja
250 and it worked great.It is also backlit for night viewing.It is designed to fit most Japanese bikes so I am hopeful it will also screw into this bike.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thread pitch on the daytona gauge is pt 1\8.Looks smaller than the OEM.Anyone have any way of knowing the size of the OEM sensor?Actually now looking at the OEM sensor in the first picture it does look about the same.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Remember, fuel injected bikes use the stock sensor to add fuel when the engine is cold. Without the stock sensor plugged in, you might get an FI light and you might have a tougher time starting / idling when it is cold out.

With the sensor removed, the ECU defaults to an assumed 40C water temp.

Another option is to install a temp sensor adapter on the left side hose. Cut the hose in the middle and install the adapter.

Something like this....

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/Products/KOBG018B00/Thermistor+adaptor+LC.aspx

Here's another gauge similar to the Shindy / Daytona one.

http://www.motosport.com/street/product/KOSO-LCD-TEMPERATURE-GAUGE/?catalogId=114530&sMMY=KAWASAKI;EX650;2008

Here's the instructions....
http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/fCMSBackend/imgRoot/inst/BA003035.pdf

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you ,I did not realize I would run into that with the bike being fuel injected.I guess I will not be using this after all.If any one wants the gauge they can have it for $60.00,I'll pay the shipping.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone know what size adapter I would need for the left side coolant hose on a 2009 model?There are 3 sizes to chose from on the above post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does that look like it is right above the starter to you?I can not enlarge the picture.I had this gauge installed on my 2008 Ninja
250 and it worked great.It is also backlit for night viewing.It is designed to fit most Japanese bikes so I am hopeful it will also screw into this bike.
Why are you guys installing these. I'm wondering if you're having the problem I'm having. When it's hot out during the day my ninja will not run it feels like it's vapor locking. then once it's cool in the afternoon Runs like a champ again. I was thinking maybe there some sort of sensor. 1st I thought it was the fuel pump or something but I guess at it night time it runs great only when it's Hot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts