RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
I have a Cobra 9 band RADAR/LIDAR detector. It's already paid for itself. Works like a charm. Don't use it on the bike though, only on the cage.. as far as your bike being LIDAR proof, I doubt it. those things are extremely accurate....that's why they use them. The only downside to them is that they CANNOT be used while the cop is moving (got out of a ticket that way once), or during heavy rain or fog (reflects off of particles). They are extremely accurate in the right conditions, but cops will try to get away with using them when they accuracy is down.

This info is from a buddy of mine (who is a FL state trooper). Hope it helps.
Yeah this does help. It also proves my point that cops aren't there to help or improve safety. They are there to catch law breakers. Why else would they check during conditions leading to inaccuracy. They aren't there to serve and protect.

We are so close to being like the nazi germans. "License, and insurance please." Sounds alot like, "Show me your papers."

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey, you asked for thoughts. You didn't say "Help me prove my conclusion, which is flawed and full of holes."
Ok so it's full of holes thanks for pointing it out... however, pointing out that you think it's full of holes provides little practical use.

You still ignored that youtube night cam video shot with IR. Cameras can see IR and record it so that we can visually see an IR light.

I just looked up the stealth tech materials. Carbon and carbon fiber are some of the materials used.

If a body is illuminated with IR and it looks black on night cam... you know it absorbs IR.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Tried your suggestion without breaking the law.

There is, of course, a very scientific way to test it. Find a traffic enforcement officer using LIDAR. DO a U-Turn and speed by him. If he doesn't chase you then you've got a stealth bike.

I got my ZR4 laser jammer and Radar Detector mounted today and did the u-turn by a cop but didn't have the balls to speed by him. The jammer started blocking immediately. I did notice that he kept a bead with his laser gun on me till I was out of sight. I'm taking this to mean that he's was trying to get a reading on me the whole time.

Next time I'll run the system with the jammers set to receive (not jam) only and see how long he keeps a bead on me.

At least I know the detector works.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yep tested in a controlled setting with someone's lidar. Masked the edges of the headlamp with shoe polish. Dusted front fairing with hair spray and graphite lube. Operator said jam to gun even when the lidar was pointed at helmet.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts