RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long story short, I'm tired of wearing a backpack everywhere I go. My preference is for hard saddlebags but I'm open to anything as long as it looks good. So post pics of your bike if you have a set of saddlebags on it, please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
20151025_154935.jpg 20151025_154411-1.jpg
Like my saddlemans, but my favorite ones are the hard bags on tgman's bike, harley street glide hard bags I believe, that plus his bat wing looked the best imo his is sharp!
I think the trick is mounting them in the right spot, got mine low and think they look good, mounted my brotherinlaws too high looked like **** till we lowered them

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like my saddlemans, but my favorite ones are the hard bags on tgman's bike, harley street glide hard bags I believe, that plus his bat wing looked the best imo his is sharp!
I think the trick is mounting them in the right spot, got mine low and think they look good, mounted my brotherinlaws too high looked like **** till we lowered them
Is there a cutout for the suspension springs?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
There are actually two looks I like in saddlebags, the shiny painted-to-match hard bags and the saggy, old-school, weather-worn leather bags. I'm still working on the weather-worn part...

Those are Edge brackets, if you use them they put the bags out another inch or two and you don't need the cutouts.

bags1.jpg

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
There are actually two looks I like in saddlebags, the shiny painted-to-match hard bags and the saggy, old-school, weather-worn leather bags. I'm still working on the weather-worn part...

Those are Edge brackets, if you use them they put the bags out another inch or two and you don't need the cutouts.

View attachment 92324
Lol had to do a double take thought it was mine, then saw you still have the tank badges lol

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Here's mine...

DSCN0099.JPG

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
I will have these up for sale as soon as I can find a box to ship them in.

Insulated

[

·
Registered
857 Posts
I assume using a backpack, you didn't carry a great deal of items...you may also consider a single fender bag which snaps on and off a fender rack.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
What luggage rack is that? Homemade? I like it

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I assume using a backpack, you didn't carry a great deal of items...you may also consider a single fender bag which snaps on and off a fender rack.
I thought of that, and I currently do not carry many items, just my rain gear, jacket liner or freeze out gear, and a descent shirt encase I dine in somewhere. That being said, I would like something that I can store my jacket in and it lock up in addition to the other stuff I mentioned so I don't have to carry it with me all the time. If I am going to leave anything unattended, I prefer it to be secure.

On another note, does anyone use viking bags?

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Sounds like you need a hot box. Do you have aftermarket exhaust?

·
Registered
117 Posts
These are some old Willie & Max throwovers that I cut the center out of. They are a little on the small side but I think they look awesome with the bike.

no fairing.JPG
bike left.JPG
bike right.JPG
bike back.PNG

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts