RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new member here. Let me begin by saying thanks to all of you who have posted. I have learned alot and have found some great deals by reading your comments.

Secondly, has anyone ever heard a Leo Vince pipe on a ZR-7? I have a line on one, and I just want to make sure it is what I am looking for. If you could help out, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Corey

·
Registered
706 Posts
Welcome

Welcome Home Corey...!

Acording to the web site the "cans" look fine

http://www.leovince-america.com/

Are you referring to the can that was auctioned at e-bay...?

The reserve price is $215 I think is a fair price. I only bid up to $170..

Your other option is making your own "homemade" race pipe.

Good Luck....! and welcome to the board.

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Wow, that is a great price for a full system. If I didn't already have an after market pipe, and I had the dough, I'd go for that 4 sure.

Oh, and hello Corey !

Tony

·
Registered
706 Posts
eBay

The eBay auction for the Muzzy full system just finished a few hours a go...Nobody bid on the item..:(

Is really hard to find ZR-7 items for auction....bummer.

I guess if someone contact the seller directly you can buy the item or even re-negotiate the price.

Anyway...This's the email address of the seller if someone is interested:

[email protected]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Being that I am a "cheepo" I allready emailed that guy with an offer. I will wait and see if he takes the bite..lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
I saw the Muzzy too. I tried emailing the guy last week when it first posted to ask how "unoticeable" the dent was. The other thing I noticed was that he he put in the write-up that it had the titanium can, but the pic showed an aluminum one. I asked him about that in my email too. I told him I was only an hour from where he was and was willing to come and take a look, if I liked, buy on the spot, but no response. Made me a bit weary, so I stopped following up on it.

Plus, I got an email from Muzzy on what gain the full system would give. They said they tested the ZR with the full system and only picked a "a couple horsepower". The max they pulled out of it was "6 HP properly jetted". Now we all know that the jet kit gives 3-5, so is a full system really worth the money? I say no. Sure, weighs a little less helping the "power to weight ratio" but you can cancel that out by carrying one wel loaded backpack.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Leo Vinci for sale..!

Best regards Team:

The guy who was selling the Leo Vinci pipe at eBay sent me the following e-mail:

"if you are still interested in the leo vinci pipe for the zr-7 I can let it go for $175.00 + shipping now. Shipping is about $15.00
Please let me know Thanks"

I already spent some money in my new digital camera...So I can not buy it for now...So if some one is interested the address is:

[email protected]

Ride Safe...!

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Looks like Kawi really did do the exhust piping right on the ZR. I remember thinking it looked good when I first saw the bike in the showroom. uhhh, that was like a first date. Now I'm getting the three year itch. Good thing we have plastic surgery for the old girl, huh?

Still, though, if you could get a full custom system for little more than a can, why not ?

How many miles can you put on the after markets before you have to re-pack them ?

Tony.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts