RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever replace left hand controls on a zr7 zr7s. Mine is shot. No hazard button. Horn never worked. Most importantly my turn signal switch is going. The only thing that gives me pause is that choke lever. I cant find any videos or written tutorials. I have a used one coming through evil bay. Just want to know if I should tackle it or take it to my mechanic. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2,398 Posts
I
Anyone ever replace left hand controls on a zr7 zr7s. Mine is shot. No hazard button. Horn never worked. Most importantly my turn signal switch is going. The only thing that gives me pause is that choke lever. I cant find any videos or written tutorials. I have a used one coming through evil bay. Just want to know if I should tackle it or take it to my mechanic. Thanks in advance.
Without knowing the model, I believe that it's just a simple cable choke lever - pay attention when you remove the original and assemble in reverse order.

Reactions: Wilk76

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
As I recall the replacement is simple with a plug or two for the wiring. The choke is indeed cable operated.
The hardest part may be just getting at all the wiring.

The manual says to "run the lead inside the throttle cables." I assume this means between the 2 throttle cables when running it under the fuel tank. I think there are 2 square connectors and they connect to the main harness under the tank.

It should be a relatively easy thing to change, but if you aren't comfortable then have your mechanic do it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I recall the replacement is simple with a plug or two for the wiring. The choke is indeed cable operated.
The hardest part may be just getting at all the wiring.

The manual says to "run the lead inside the throttle cables." I assume this means between the 2 throttle cables when running it under the fuel tank. I think there are 2 square connectors and they connect to the main harness under the tank.

It should be a relatively easy thing to change, but if you aren't comfortable then have your mechanic do it.
Yeah I may just have me mechanic do it. I'm tired of throwing wrenches. 😆

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Okay that was super simple to fix. 2 screws on rear of control assembly 3 wire clips one for clutch lever and 2 that are under tank. The choke cable has a seat it fits into pictures attached. Even had my wife help me with it.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,398 Posts
Okay that was super simple to fix
Yep and you got a triple reward: a sense of satisfaction doing it yourself, bonding with the missus, and saving a few bucks. Bargain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts