RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be posting all my future Kawasaki z750 related videos under this topic.
Here is the newest one, enjoy!

Got a Youtube/Gmail account? Subscribe!
And remember to wear proper protective gear and to use your helmet.
If you got any questions related to my vids feel free to ask.

- lefa25

·
Registered
64 Posts
what gear are you doing these in? pretty good stuff! you're better on the 750 than i am on my 1k.. although, my being 195lbs doesn't help. but my old buell xb9 would rip the front wheel off the ground. i have a feeling my full hindle system is more high rpm power.. never riden my z without but it just feels to blehh down low.

not trying to threadjack or bash, since i too will play with my z whenever the chance arises, but how bad is this on the clutch? anybody know?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mainly 2nd and 3rd gear. Thanks! I think that it's not gonna hurt the clutch so much if you do it properly (just a quick slip). It should stress the clutch as much as a normal gear change (or even less). Search for more about this matter: "clutchless shifting".That's the way the big boys do it and how they save their clutch plates.

- lefa25

·
Registered
64 Posts
i mean i often shift without clutch after 2nd or 3rd year. especially just around town. just let the rpms settle and shift and resume. but yeah what i was referring to was the plates. just wondered if it'll really wear them out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It'll definitely wear your plates BUT not in your life. I've had this bike 3 years now and the clutch won't slip a bit. I've been doing those clutch up wheelies almost every ride so don't worry about that. At least I don't because I'm about to sell my bike soon.

- lefa25

·
Registered
7 Posts
nice wheelies mate, whats your gearing? I too have a z750 and am driving my self crazy trying to clutch up! It comes up real nice in second 1 out of 10 times. The other 9 times i would get an inch of the floor and for life of me i cant work what it is im doing different the 1 time! power it up in first no probs. Haveing also owning supermotos its F*cking irritating as im a man that loves to wheelie!!!

Im running 1 down at the front and two up on the back with a lightened flywheel. What are you running?
are you UK?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts