RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my own fender eliminator and got everything hooked up and the led blinkers are blinking but when I hit the hazards it just cuts out and does nothing. I have resistors on the led so that they blink at the right time but cut out when I hit the hazards. If I rev it a little it will blink a few times be for it cuts out. Please help. Thank and happy riding.

·
Banned
786 Posts
Shoulda got 1 new LED/lamp flash relay for $12 instead of 4 resistors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if i get a relay will i take out the resistors and where can i get a relay. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am only running two resistors I only changed out the back light if that changes anything.

·
Banned
786 Posts
Local parts store has them here. Just look for the LED relay in the electrics. Or amazon has them for $12. I saw one at my autozone for $15. The only problem would be relocating your relay, because I don't think they have one with the right bracket. It's a rubber piece that slips over a metal bar. If your bike is like mine the flasher relay is under the left upper fairing.

The LED relay I saw on amazon would work with both LED's and bulbs.

·
Registered
827 Posts
So if i get a relay will i take out the resistors and where can i get a relay. thanks for your help.
The "led" flashers usually use a 555 timer (which doesn't depend on load), instead of the regular flashers which are driven by heat. When you replace the bulbs with led's sometimes they suggest the wrong value resistor, so you don't have a large enough pull to force it to flash.

A real question would be why they are using the cheap flasher to begin with, but that is something we may never know. Tried and true tech or cheap?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts