RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the biggest tire we can put on stock rims that will fit without modification.Will a 190/55/17 fit the rear

·
Registered
566 Posts
NO, 170 is about the biggest you can do without modification depending on the tire.
Whats the biggest tire we can put on stock rims that will fit without modification.Will a 190/55/17 fit the rear

·
Registered
145 Posts
hey kawik, do you have pic's of your bike? Got alot of mod's I've been thinking about getting, the rear huggar, and ermax cowl and the big one the Gear indicator. Was curious how you mounted that indicator the most! Thanks!

·
Registered
170 Posts
The Ninja I bought for the track had a 170 on it. I pulled it and put it on my needed-a-new-tire Versys (same size rear rim), and it was a ***** to get on.

The 160 size is a fine track rear for a fairly stock Ninja.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i put a 170/60zr17 mich road pilot2 on my 09 650r today 0 problems infact i went threw three radar detectors and now my speedo is only of by 3 miles n hr instead of 5

·
Registered
185 Posts
Don't fit a too large tire to the stock rim unless you plan to change the rim (that is designed for a 190) and the tire together. While you can still fit the tire to your stock rim the tire will not shape properly which might be dangerous when cornering and also might cause uneven tire wear.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
^^ Yup, plus the bead of the tire won't seat properly. The tire will be too bulged to make a good contact.

·
Registered
72 Posts
KAWIKAKEKOA, I feel ya bro. Getting real sick of retarded questions. BTW, whats the best oil? What's my bikes top speed? And how do I wheelie?

·
Registered
699 Posts
i put a 170/60zr17 mich road pilot2 on my 09 650r today 0 problems infact i went threw three radar detectors and now my speedo is only of by 3 miles n hr instead of 5
I'm pretty sure that shouldn't have made any difference to your speedo. The sensor is located in or near the gearbox, and since I'm assumeing you haven't changed the gearing on your bike, there shouldn't be any physical difference.
Hopefully someone can confirm that for me, or correct me if I am wrong, I don't mind either way!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm pretty sure that shouldn't have made any difference to your speedo. The sensor is located in or near the gearbox, and since I'm assumeing you haven't changed the gearing on your bike, there shouldn't be any physical difference.
Hopefully someone can confirm that for me, or correct me if I am wrong, I don't mind either way!!!
your wrong...when you change the diameter of the tire you change the number of revolutions in a given distance which will affect your actual speedometer since it only reads the revolutions n the gearbox-sprocket

·
Registered
84 Posts
i can vouch for that i had a 160zr17 on my bike stock my speedo was off 5 mph i then put a 170zr17 on my bike now speedo is only of 2mph

·
Registered
7 Posts
We threw a 170 on my friends SV650S and it felt weird riding it (turn in) afterwards. I admit a 190 looks sick, and all my previous bikes had them, but I bet handling would be very odd on the 650

1 - 14 of 14 Posts