RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having realized that my stuffed-full 34 liter backpack will probably paralyze me if I ever go down, I have started looking for on-bike luggage to replace it.

I typically commute with the following:

• laptop
  • lunch
  • expandable duffel for my ATGATT riding gear once I get off the bike
  • change of clothing
  • miscellaneous items
I think a tank bag that will fit on a 2006 Ninja 650r will be too small to accommodate the laptop so something on the seat will probably be required. The laptop determines the minimum dimensions: 10"x13"x3"

Any recommendations?

As a side-note: would anyone argue for lashing down my existing backpack to the seat? I would prefer not to spend the cash on luggage, but have horrifying visions of a bad pack/strap-down leading to stuff getting tangled up in the chain, or my laptop simply flying off into traffic.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Two tie downs over your backpack on the seat and you're done! That's what I would do if I didn't have the spare cash for a tailbag. You can also cruise your local CL for deals on used bags. All my luggage is used.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
i use a 0000-MotoCentric-Mototrek-Sport-Tail-Bag-Black.jpg motocentric mototrek tailbag with great success for my daytripping. i haven't tried, but i know my acer netbook will fit inside very easily, even the netbook inside its carrying case with the battery cord and a mouse. i think i paid $70 or so. can't remember exactly, but i love it.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Uh, how the hell is that thing attached to the bike? :)
talkin' to moi?

two bungee-like cords attached to the front of the bag are hooked up to one another under the seat. each of the two rear cords is attached to its respective bungee hook under the tail. snug as a bug.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
talkin' to moi?

two bungee-like cords attached to the front of the bag are hooked up to one another under the seat. each of the two rear cords is attached to its respective bungee hook under the tail. snug as a bug.
Thanks for the info and the recommendation! I have a 12 liter tank bag on the way that I will need to supplement, and I think I'm going to go with this one.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Thanks for the info and the recommendation! I have a 12 liter tank bag on the way that I will need to supplement, and I think I'm going to go with this one.
i can carry a large-ringed, three ring binder (loaded with music) in mine. hafta expand one side of the bag to do it, but worx great. so far i've never had too little room to carry whatever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts