RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have jardine forward controls and notice lack of rear braking power compared to the stock set up?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Mine brake fine, but they are firm. The stock pedal felt mushy with more travel.

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes my stock peddle had a lot more travel as well. I am using the stock pads. I flushed the system so maybe it will take a while for the pads to reseat. I did remove the pads and trued them and that helped some. and yes i have to put a lot foot pressure on the peddle.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I don't even notice it any more, but just look at the difference in length between the stock lever and the jardine lever, much less leverage with the jardines because of how much shorter it is.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Our bikes have back brakes?

The only time I use the back brake much is during slow speed maneuvering. I usually set the back brake on my bikes so that I have to stand on them to get the rear wheel to even think about locking up.

My only issue the the Jardine is that I have to turn my foot in to push the rear pedal.

Reactions: edlaw13

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Same thing on the Mapams, It can be adjusted out with the adjustment on the master cylinder.

·
Registered
998 Posts
You can't adjust this "feel" out of the jardines. You can adjust where the pedal sits, but it won't change the fact that the jardines definitely feel harder.

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update on jardine's. I reversed the arm that hooks onto the mater cylinder rod, that gave me more adj so I was able to lay the peddle down a little more and helped alot on my braking power. The jardines made for our bikes are this way and it seems that the ones for the nomads are reversed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts