RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've seen a couple bikes with some LED accent lighting inside their bikes and I totally dig it. Problem is I don't know how many lights you need to stay suttle and still get a good look under your fairings etc. I just want my engine to glow basically. Also anyone know what goes best with red? I'm leaning twords orange currently... Anyway I saw one guy with LED's in the photo thread but it's just too big to go through all those photos and pages lol. Starting this one for LED photos and info only :).

Share ya'lls experience!

·
Registered
361 Posts
My left fairing vent, same on both sides:

Done a few years ago.
Headlight:

Done late winter this year!

Of course looks much better in person........

Do your own, kits are for the weak!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Can't see it at night, black on black!

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Here's mine:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet, pics guys, Amad, I kinda like yours, suttle but still glowin, how many lights did you put under your fairings there? And what did you use?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sweet, pics guys, Amad, I kinda like yours, suttle but still glowin, how many lights did you put under your fairings there? And what did you use?
Thanks! I used 12" led light strips that I ordered off ebay. I have one on the inside of each fairing and two under the rear fender. I ran them through a switch that I mounted on the inside black fairing part next to the handlebars. :alcy:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks! :ithank:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Is it legal to ride with the lights on or is it just for parking?

·
Banned
679 Posts
I dk about other states, but in NY it's considered a distraction to other drives, and therefor is illegal to have on while in motion.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think as long as the actual led isn't exposed, or also if it's a color that is standard for the bike, like a red/amber color wouldn't be illegal cause it's the same as your rear taillight, white facing the front etc. But other colors I'm not 100% sure about, I always thought as long as you couldn't see the actual source it doesn't matter but I could be wrong. Long as it's not overkill I don't think you'll have a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dang I wish this was legal in Canada, amad has got it going on.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Here in Tennessee, I've run with these blue lights and another bike with red lights all the time. I've ridden beside and in front of cops here and they don't do anything. I've heard in other states they are more strict. Technically, here it is illegal, but they don't enforce it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Those LED setups look so good. I want to set mine up so the rear tire and wheel well lights up in red when the brakelights come on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts