RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2011 KX250f misfires like crazy after washing it, definitely an spark/electrical issue. I didn’t power wash it, Plugged the exhaust too. And i’ve already cleaned/ blew out most electrical connections with air. Bike ran perfectly at the track earlier. Here’s a video of how it runs, it smokes a ton too which you cant see really in the video and smells like unburnt gas

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum!

I'd check the spark plug wires and boots for connection tightness and water, as well as check the air filter and the air box to see if it has water in it. Other than that if the issue has come up only after you washed it, it will likely (and hopefully) just need a good drying. If you have a leaf blower you could use that too. Just don't get all crazy and blow leads and wires off. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off, welcome to the forum!

I'd check the spark plug wires and boots for connection tightness and water, as well as check the air filter and the air box to see if it has water in it. Other than that if the issue has come up only after you washed it, it will likely (and hopefully) just need a good drying. If you have a leaf blower you could use that too. Just don't get all crazy and blow leads and wires off. :)
Thanks for the reply man
We aired out the spark plug and boot along with all the wires and made sure the airbox was dry, also disconnected the kill switch and it did nothing either :(. And bike had been drying for 2 days now

·
West Coast Moderator
13,041 Posts
I had an XL 175 that did the same thing. Ended up being the coil. I ended up removing the bolts holding it to the frame, scraped the paint where the coil mount and bolts contacted the frame, put it back together. Ran like a charm.

Reactions: Ozninjaguy

·
Super Moderator
2,481 Posts
I had an XL 175 that did the same thing. Ended up being the coil. I ended up removing the bolts holding it to the frame, scraped the paint where the coil mount and bolts contacted the frame, put it back together. Ran like a charm.
^^ Good point. Too often the coil earth connection relies upon the mounting bolts and not where the coil is physically mounted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts