RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using this cover I purchased from the folks who make the Laminar Lips and thought I'd post a thread.

I'd been wanting a more convenient cover to use daily instead of my Nelson Rigg full cover. I like that one a lot but it's kind of a hassle for me to store (in the trunk of my car) and then put on. It takes up a lot of space in my travel bags too.

The Kwikover is thin, flexible fabric that fits into a little bag that resides on the rear edge of my seat. It moves a little from side to side but won't fly off at speed. When I park I just unzip the bag and pull out the cover. It has straps that go over & around the footpegs and 2 more for each mirror. I just pull the material right over my mirrors instead, to keep them from getting dusty or covered in fingerprints.

It's been keeping my bike a lot cleaner and one night at the beach a guy on the BMW parked next to my was envious, as he had light dew all over his seat while mine was dry.

I used to just leave my bike uncovered if I was going to be riding it the next day but now it's so easy to cover it I do it almost everywhere I go. It just folds up and goes right into the bag.

The price was a bit extreme ($69 US), but I haven't been buying much these days (thanks Economic Meltdown!) and this WAS what I'd been looking for.
I would probably like to see it come a little bigger with more fabric down the sides.
I love the Laminar Lip I got also and thought I'd recommend this to anyone interested.

http://www.kwikover.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
That looks interesting for travelling.
I like to use a full cover that almost touches the ground when I park the bike at work. I have seen more damage from sitting in the sun all day on bikes than damage from rain. In the garage I use a breathable dust cover on it..

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
i can see a use for that. i don't commute - like, how can i when i'm retired? LOL - and i don't park my bike outside for long periods of time. it stays in the garage when home.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just looks silly to me :-/
I have to agree, plus where I live when it rains... well it really rains and comes in sideways in mass amounts. That cover would offer no protection whatsoever. Plus at $70, you can get a bike condom for $20 that will cover the whole thing:deadhorse

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it isn't meant to be a rainproof cover, but more a way to keep your bike clean.

Here in the city my bike can pick up a layer of dust (dirt, pollution fallout, etc.) in just one or 2 days. Even with it in my car port.

I would never recommend this cover if you want to keep your bike outdoors in a storm.

·
Registered
414 Posts
70 BUCKS?!

$15 ebay score with free shipping.
...and it took me longer to upload a pic from my phone then it did putting it on.

Not bashing ya or anything.
But in West Texas...
That is going to be gone in two minutes in the wind around here.
Not to mention helping from the dust or providing shade.
(we dont have 'dew' around here)

I am glad you found what you have been looking for.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts