RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I just picked up an "03 Meanie a couple weeks ago with 7200miles on it and I was wondering what the consensus is on the Kury Hyperchargers. I've read a lot of people don't like the fact that it sticks out a bit and the power increase is comparable to the Thunder intakes. What I'm really looking for is people who have had the Kury for a long time and if they still have it or did they switch it out for comfort's sake. I have a chance of getting a Kury for a great price but I don't want to be stuck with it if it's uncomfortable as I intend to keep the Meanie for quite a few years.
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
357 Posts
The Hypercharger hits some people in the knee, that's what you hear most about. There are some sticky's about the cold air intakes, it's more about what you feel looks good on your bike. Once you do the air intake you will need the FC to go with it.

Do a search, you find all the info you need.

·
Registered
216 Posts
There was one on my bike when I got it, I was able to remove a 1/4" spacer but it still makes contact with my knee. I just turn my leg out and no issues, needed to get a pedal extension to reach the pedal all the time that way. I have a friend who has had one on his bike for years and knew he would have issues with his knee clearence prior to buying it. We are both shorter people and I think a taller person would have no issues. I know there is a company that makes a high clearence mount for it that gives an additional 1/2".

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have one and yes it sticks out too far hits me in the knee. I added extensions to my pegs so my right foot will sit comfortably on the peg. The other thing I don't like about it is, I have to pigeon toe the brake. Thunder is the company that makes an adapter that's a half inch thinner. If I were to do it all over I wouldn't buy the Hypercharger for the Meanie. :2cents:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Knee knockage is my issue as well.But overall I wouldn't trade it away either.The performance enhancement is nice.The only other issue I have noticed is that the butterflies go to the open position when the bike is shut down.The only time this is an issue though is when I wash the bike.Two rags tucked into the openings solves that dilemma quite nicely though.Good Luck.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Why are those butterflies even there? Seems it would just be something to restrict the airflow????
Kind of what I was wondering.It would be much easier if they weren't.Then a simple plastic cover during baths would be so simple.:righton:

·
Banned
330 Posts
Why are those butterflies even there? Seems it would just be something to restrict the airflow????
They're COOL right? That's why they're there. With a carb, an upstream butterfly was called a choke.

The performance enhancement is nice.
Any of the open intake kits will give the same performance increase. Many without wacking your knee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts