RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just posted about this somewhere else and felt it deserved it's own thread. kryptonite lock company makes this great little item for around $10. it's a bright colored plastic covered self curling light weight steel cord that you attach to your u-lock when you put it on the front disc. then you loop the other end around the grip so that you remember to take of the lock before driving away. after having done this once or twice i'd say this is defitiely worth owning if you have a u-lock. not looking stupid is great but it also prevents the damage this act can cause to your brakes. i also use mine to lock up helmets, jackets, etc.

scott :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you purchase the deluxe set you get the carrying pouch, lighted key, and this "reminder" cord. Works great. I haven't looked stupid yet, correction...I haven't driven off with my lock still in place yet.

gtp

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
You can also get those cool looking "REMOVE BEFORE TAKE-OFF" banners that are used on aircraft. You can get them from some of the surplus stores.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds cool martin! a nice bright colored item right down on the lock, that would be great :) wait a minute! if i just got my lock painted bright orange that might do it!

uh... it already *is* bright orange. think i still need the cord.

<insert sound of mind and powers of observation fading>

scott ;)

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
I'll keep my eyes open for more "sources".:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts