RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you have to take off the tire to get to the screws that hold the factory plastic fork shields? They look very hard to get at. Not much room. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
X2 - interested to know how they fit. Love the look, not the price, but think I might be able to do something else for myself at some point. :)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
X2 - interested to know how they fit. Love the look, not the price, but think I might be able to do something else for myself at some point. :)
+1 - Price is very high, but I too love the look and decided to splurge and order a set. They should be here in a few days. Don't understand why they are so expensive?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
+1 - Price is very high, but I too love the look and decided to splurge and order a set. They should be here in a few days. Don't understand why they are so expensive?
High quality chrome? Good construction? Laser precision cut? Or maybe just because they're the only one that makes 'em. ;)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I took off my plastic fork shields today and didn't have to take off the front tire. I used a pair of needle nose vise grips and carfully locked on to the heads of the screws. Once they broke loose, I worked them out with my fingers. After I put on the Kewl metal flame covers, I'm going to use hex bolts instead of the philip screws. Then I'll be able to take off and on easily.:headbang:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ya, thankfully taking off the front tire isn't necessary, I just inserted a small bit into the screws and took a wrench to it. Should take 10 minutes tops. They're pretty sturdy and the chrome is good but ya, pricey. I got mine second hand off craigslist.

·
Registered
158 Posts
What? someone actually makes something like this? J/K Saw them online and balked at the price, so i made my own. Did have to take off the front wheel to get the screws out. They were too tight for my off set screwdriver. Replaced the screws with bolts.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What? someone actually makes something like this? J/K Saw them online and balked at the price, so i made my own. Did have to take off the front wheel to get the screws out. They were too tight for my off set screwdriver. Replaced the screws with bolts.

Looks good goober44 If I could fab up something half that good, I would give it a shot. I guess that's why I ordered a set...lol These must take forever to get. I ordered them 13 days ago and still haven't heard anything yet, but my screws are out and plastic shields off.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
:worthless

Sorry Had to do it. It's been awhile since I've been here and used this one so I'm good for awhile now. LOL:bud:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts