RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, for the people who own a Kawasaki Ninja 650 I have some questions if you guys can answer em please?
I was looking at a 2012 Kawi 650 with around 12,500 miles on the odo for $4300.
What are things I should look for that have been done? Proof of valve adjustments?

I am also looking at another 2012 650 with 7800 miles for $5000.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey there!

You can take a look at the maintenance section of the owners manual or service manual to take a look at what maintenance should be done and when, per Kawasaki.
The valve clearance inspection should be done at 15k miles, so I really doubt that it's been done on either bike. To be honest, if I was the seller I'd partially be getting rid of the bike now and not a year later to avoid the hassle of the valve clearance job. Not that it's that huge of a deal, but it's a PITA nonetheless.

Regarding other things that should be considered, take a look at this motorcycle inspection checklist. That article in it's whole should give you some insight.

The prices seem a bit high to be honest, too. Especially considering they're from 2012. My 2017 cost (new) a little over 7k$ last year.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Depending on your location, spring prices are higher than fall prices.

It is a buyers market on motorcycles so getting one from a private party at the low end of the NADA range is typical.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Depending on your location, spring prices are higher than fall prices.

It is a buyers market on motorcycles so getting one from a private party at the low end of the NADA range is typical.
I would agree with this. Unless it's your first bike and you are really itching to ride, I would wait to find a better deal.

As reference, I bought my 2013 Ninja 650R in September 2016 with 3200 miles for $4,300. Take that for what you will.

Good luck in your search!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts