RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new here. Finally got the bike I've wanted for some time! 4th ride out the open throttle cable broke at the grip. Took it all apart but found that Kawasaki is no longer producing (discontinued) this part. Seem kind of early to stop parts production for a 13 yr old bike. Especially something as common as a throttle cable. I did manage to order online from Babbits Kawasaki Partshouse.
Looking for other good parts / custom parts source ideas.
Thx!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi all, new here. Finally got the bike I've wanted for some time! 4th ride out the open throttle cable broke at the grip. Took it all apart but found that Kawasaki is no longer producing (discontinued) this part. Seem kind of early to stop parts production for a 13 yr old bike. Especially something as common as a throttle cable. I did manage to order online from Babbits Kawasaki Partshouse.
Thx!
Check out my Facebook page davisbikeworks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thx!
Same issue - 2007 MS throttle cable, opening, part # 54012-0074, discontinued. Tried Babbitt's and everywhere else. Anybody got any other ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got the Barnett cables. Even fully extended they were VERY difficult to get on. No room to tighten at all once installed, but they work great and I am sure they will stretch a little with use. Second issue, there is a clip under the seat that holds that end of the cables in their sleeves. The "shoulder" on the Barnett clip was about 1/2" longer that the stock cable and the clip would not reach the point it was supposed to clip to. I rigged it and I am sure it will be fine - but not the exact match that Barnett said it would be. I discussed with and sent a picture to Barnett for (hopefully) future improvements.
I replaced both cables while I was at it. $52.00 each + $8 freight, took about a week to get. I would not even attempt to do it without removing the gas tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts