RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any of you looking for a sport tourer. Choose the concours. I only wish i would have kept mine, but sold it to buy a house!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
not a bad trade! i only wish i could swap my zr-7 for a house. have you seen the prices of southern california real estate lately!?! ;)

scott :)

·
THE JUDGE
711 Posts
zzridr - I have conSidered the Concourse, but had heard some negatives in terms of heat coming off the engine. I'm thinking in terms of 100+ days. Can you tell me how much the heat gets you there?? I'm trying to compare this bike, the ST1300, and any others similar to these. So far, I like the ST the best....but it will be a couple years before I get something new and am always open to new options!

Let me know what you thought about the heat....
Twyla

·
Registered
57 Posts
zr7chic said:
zzridr - I'm trying to compare this bike, the ST1300, and any others similar to these. So far, I like the ST the best....but it will be a couple years before I get something new and am always open to new options!

Twyla
I would think the FJR1300 would be at the top of your list, Twyla, since it specs out like a ZRX1200 with shaft drive and wind protection.
:)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
From what I've read, the Concours has sort of slid out of the sport-touring category. It's a very old design, very reliable and good for comfortable one or two up long distance travel, but it can't hang with any modern sport-touring bikes. Just look at the forks on the thing, they look smaller than the forks on my 250. The way I've become accustomed to riding, I would be afraid of twisting the thing up in itself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
lThat only occurs with the "08's. Like mine. I also have a 2012. With mid-calf to almost knee boots will neutralize 104 temperature and it is great in the winter

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
lThat only occurs with the "08's. Like mine. I also have a 2012. With mid-calf to almost knee boots will neutralize 104 temperature and it is great in the winter
Hey Robert. Interesting first post on a 12 year old thread about the ZG1000 Concours. Anyway, welcome to riderforums. A few of us here have Concours 1400s. Mine is a '12.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts