RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my latest additions to my 650 with some before and after pictures. The Zero Gravity double bubble windscreen, Targa fender eliminator kit with the Motodynamic integrated taillight.

The windscreen hasn't made a huge difference, I bought it for the better looks which took me a while to get used to, and I had $30 in rewards. It does change the feel of the bike at higher speeds probably because it is much taller. It does make it a little more comfortable to tuck on the highway and I get less head buffeting behind trucks.

The Targa kit was really simple to install and I think it looks really clean with the integrated taillight. The taillight was also quick and easy to install, and works flawlessly. My friends driving behind me said it was very, very bright and the turn signals were easily seen. And they said it looked cool :woot:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Logan,

The Mods look great and very impressed at how well you keep your bike Clean...............

Do everyone around the world a big favor, and yourself; Don't hang your helmet off of your Bars! It's so NEWB!

Also, a drop on the ground from that height may damage the shield and the helmet!

DOT and Snell have determined that you can easily crack a helmets "shell" from less than 3 feet. Should this occur, the impact absorption characteristics have been spent, and you may (or should) have the Helmet X-ray'ed for free by the Manufacturer.

BRADMEISTERS RECOMMENDATION: Lock it up on the Bike hook (under the seat), place it on the ground, or carry it with you!

Also, make a few County Deputy friends at your local court house, and have them run it through the X-Ray machine several times to inspect for cracks! It's a grand time, as it will typically gain an audience as deputies attempt to look and guess for cracks! You never know, one of them may be pulling you over next week! "HEY I REMEMBER YOU!"

Cheers!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Logan,

The Mods look great and very impressed at how well you keep your bike Clean...............

Do everyone around the world a big favor, and yourself; Don't hang your helmet off of your Bars! It's so NEWB!
LOL thanks for that advice, I definitely don't want to look like a newb.. I clean it like every two weeks with Fukken Wax my friend gave me a discount on, It's a miracle cleaner!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good man. Out of curiosity, what did you use to black out the stock windscreen?
I used VHT Nightshade with a clear coat over it, I wish I would have painted the back of the stock windscreen though. It would have looked a lot better.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Logan,

Also, a drop on the ground from that height may damage the shield and the helmet!

DOT and Snell have determined that you can easily crack a helmets "shell" from less than 3 feet. Should this occur, the impact absorption characteristics have been spent, and you may (or should) have the Helmet X-ray'ed for free by the Manufacturer.

BRADMEISTERS RECOMMENDATION: Lock it up on the Bike hook (under the seat), place it on the ground, or carry it with you!

Also, make a few County Deputy friends at your local court house, and have them run it through the X-Ray machine several times to inspect for cracks! It's a grand time, as it will typically gain an audience as deputies attempt to look and guess for cracks! You never know, one of them may be pulling you over next week! "HEY I REMEMBER YOU!"

Cheers!
could u take a pick of where the bike lock hook is under the seat? i have looked for it and cant find it..it is annoying carrying my helmet around everywhere i go

1 - 9 of 9 Posts