RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I too am used to seeing them fully faired. Congrats on the new ride! That's an 1100 correct?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Yes, well 1137cc to be correct lol.
Picked the bike up Saturday in the rain n high winds lol but they are surprisingly well mannered in the rain.
I got a good ride in the dry Sunday, man it's fast Haha. Runs really nice, especially on Shell V-power.
A few little bits to sort to my liking but that's how it always is with modded bikes. Overall though it's great and not as scary/intimidating as I thought it would be.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Picked the bike up Saturday in the rain n high winds lol but they are surprisingly well mannered in the rain.
I got a good ride in the dry Sunday, man it's fast Haha. Runs really nice, especially on Shell V-power.
A few little bits to sort to my liking but that's how it always is with modded bikes. Overall though it's great and not as scary/intimidating as I thought it would be.
Congrats on the new bike Shakey, I do love the Honda Blackbird they're an Iconic bike. I like the polished aluminium parts, who doesn't love polished metal? lol, I'm not having a dig or anything but I have to say that the front end is all out of balance aesthetically. That small headlight, wide bars and single clock just serve to make the front look really small and then the tail section look wide and much bigger than it is. I think it needs some sort of front fairing to balance the looks.

Whats your thoughts for progressing it to your liking?

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Well it's got a just bit more power than the zr7...... :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Picked it up last week, man it's quick lol.
but very mild mannered when you want it to be.
when i picked it up it was raining and 40 mph winds, but it was an easy ride
20190428_165021~2.jpg

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Picked it up last week, man it's quick lol.
but very mild mannered when you want it to be.
when i picked it up it was raining and 40 mph winds, but it was an easy ride
View attachment 120094
It needs gold engine bolts and some fine gold paint in the HONDA logo on the side case cover :)

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Shakey, love the new bike- congrats. Looks to be about the same vintage as the ZR7 and I like it unfaired- looks dangerous!

I already posted a couple of times elsewhere tonight, but it's been seven months since I was on here last. Cleaned up both bikes, full serviced, and rode some this week. After a year of sitting, both bikes fired up on the first go and run great. The flame hasn't completely gone out. Bought three pair of new gloves (Alpinestars SMX-2 Carbon and O'Neal Mayhems) and thinking of a new helmet (I'm retiring my six year old GT-Air but still have one year old Icon Airmada and Scorpion AT950 modular). Have to get new tires for the 7; even though only 9k miles, the rear won't hold air overnight anymore.

Didn't buy a tractor or any other wheeled vehicle, but I did reclaim a full spot in the garage as wife and I are empty-nesters since my last post. Daughter graduated college, got married, bought a house and is expecting in July, so a lot has happened and is happening.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Didn't buy a tractor or any other wheeled vehicle, but I did reclaim a full spot in the garage as wife and I are empty-nesters since my last post. Daughter graduated college, got married, bought a house and is expecting in July, so a lot has happened and is happening.
You're going to need a trike for the little one.....

sidecar 2.jpg

And go to the darkside for the front tire!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Update on Diane getting her full bike licence.
Diane Past the Mod 1 part a month ago but sadly failed the second part Mod 2 yesterday, she dropped the bike at a junction.
She had just started to pull out when a car came speeding round the corner and she had to hit the brakes and just lost her balance.
Diane's gutted. but will try again and book another test after the 10 day waiting period.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Update on Diane getting her full bike licence.
Diane Past the Mod 1 part a month ago but sadly failed the second part Mod 2 yesterday, she dropped the bike at a junction.
She had just started to pull out when a car came speeding round the corner and she had to hit the brakes and just lost her balance.
Diane's gutted. but will try again and book another test after the 10 day waiting period.
Still, it's way better than being hit by a car!!! And some of the best professional MC drivers had to retake their tests multiple times!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Just had to pass on some great news, Diane passed her motorbike test today. She can now ride the big bikes. Well done proud of you.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Excellent news. It's always nice to get new riders. We just all need to remember that the learning never ends when it comes to riding.

161 - 173 of 173 Posts