RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!:)

I bought the Joe Rocket Atomis Jacket in Blue/White/Black of course! :smilewink I have to say, that I am pleasantly surprised. It works well in the summer with liner removed and zippered vents open. I recently rode along the Blue Ridge Parkway last week, and it was warm enough with the liner and long sleeve sweatshirt underneath. The collar can be a little irritating on the adams apple, but if you leave it unbuttoned it is fine. don't know about it being water repellant, I don't ride in the rain if I can help it! :D Overall, for $130, it looks good and works well for spring/summer/and fall. I don't think it would work for real cold midwest or northern winters. :?

Ride Safe Brothers and Sisters! :cool:

Pete

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Pete- I have the same jacket in all black. I agree with your assessment; very good jacket. I took out the spine pad for summer riding though. I'm also not sure about the water resistance for the same reason as you. But it would probably take "Scotchgard" OK if you wanted to spray it down.

However, I also have Joe Rocket Rhino boots which I am somewhat disappointed with. I got 'em for winter riding, and they do a great job for keeping my skinny ankles warm. They fit real nice and are comfortable as anything. But just today I was making a tight left hander while shifting to second when I scraped my toe on the street, and the sole separated from the upper! I plan on returning them this weekend. Hey, for 160 bucks they better withstand more than that!

kelly

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep...I wouldn't count on the jacket to be waterproof, too many zippers....works well enough for me and my climate....I didn't like the rhino boots when I saw a pair at the dealer....I wear a pair of Magnum ankle boots ($45) from QuaterMaster catalog....a pair of gortex sock liners work very well for keeping the feet dry....mind you, I avoid riding in the rain if at all possible!! :smilewink

Good luck with the rhino's.....Ride Safe!

Pete
:angel:

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
I have the same jacket too! I love it. Very comfortable and light. Although, I do agree about the adams apple thing. It seems to put just enough pressure on your throat to be a tad noticable sometimes (i.e. high wind with a back pack or something).

The liner IS good, but in colder weather, I have to wear a long-sleeve shirt or a sweat shirt to really stay warm.

But, for $130 bucks, I couldn't find a better value. It's got protection in the elbows, shoulders and back too. Nice buy for the price. Just wish they had a full-sleeved liner that was a little warmer or something. But for the price.....

Emrah

·
Silver Member
479 Posts
I had the same jacket too! I loved it. Now it doesn't exist any more. After my last crash. It's actually protected my joints, but I've got big ugly abrasions on my hands because of weak sleeve design.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the Ballistic 3.0 jacket and like the versatility more than leathers. I've ridden a couple of times for about 30 minutes in medium rain and found it was mostly waterproof. I did get water coming through at the crook of each arm and a small amount on either side of the front of the jacket along 2 seams. I scotch-guarded the whole thing after the first rain but it didn't do much to improve the water penetration. Overall I am still satisfied since i wasn't soaked, but if a company claims their product is 100% waterproof I think it should be!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts